Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-19-2014, 02:51 PM   #1756
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristi1848 View Post
I get 'Error: Instruction requires an argument of type byte at line 786, instruction "bipush"' error. Any idea why is that ?
Patched JBE:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=236780
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:43 PM   #1757
cristi1848
cristi1848 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Thank you for the link. I didn't know about it.

I downloaded the patched JBE, but only used the export / import functionality. I exported the bytecode, changed the values (top, right, left) to 0, imported the bytecode into a class, copied the class to the extracted jar directory, packaged the classes to a new jar and copied it on the kindle.

After updating, there is no change. I did it again from the beginning, verified that the class was indeed changed, re-created the jar, but with the same result: no change for the margins.

How can I figure out what went wrong ? Is this the right procedure ?
cristi1848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2014, 11:54 AM   #1758
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

cristi1848
All seems to correctly.
Hence, required to check small details...

Last edited by kaznelson; 08-21-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:28 PM   #1759
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristi1848 View Post
Thank you for the link. I didn't know about it.

I downloaded the patched JBE, but only used the export / import functionality. I exported the bytecode, changed the values (top, right, left) to 0, imported the bytecode into a class, copied the class to the extracted jar directory, packaged the classes to a new jar and copied it on the kindle.

After updating, there is no change. I did it again from the beginning, verified that the class was indeed changed, re-created the jar, but with the same result: no change for the margins.

How can I figure out what went wrong ? Is this the right procedure ?
Did you change the device settings to use en_GB ?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:54 AM   #1760
cristi1848
cristi1848 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
The language was set to en_GB all the time.

Anyway, I tried 2 more times and could not figure out what I'm doing wrong and for now I am just using the default margins from the patch.

Thank you for your suggestions knc1 and kaznelson.
cristi1848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2014, 05:07 AM   #1761
kaznelson
Old Kaz

Margins and font-size hack v0.5 for PW 5.4.4.x / PW2 5.4.5.x:
- popup window of dictionary now use first "Aa" size.

mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2527653&postcount=1431

Last edited by kaznelson; 09-26-2014 at 03:42 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #1762
rpgmaker
Connoisseur
rpgmaker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
I had fw 5.4.5.1 and downgraded my KP2 to 5.4.3.2, jailbroke it and installed your hack. It works very well! But I'm wondering, can I upgrade my fw to 5.4.5.1 again and keep this hack? Or what would be the best way to go about it?
rpgmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:40 PM   #1763
rpgmaker
Connoisseur
rpgmaker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Temporally hack for Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4-5.4.4.2 and Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation 5.4.2-5.4.5.1 with "English (United Kingdom)" interface
Also, I think the top margin should be bigger or left exactly as it is by default. Why? Letters of the first line can get partially shadowed at the top because of other light sources in the room making the top bezel of the kindle project a shadow on the screen, which it's kind of distracting.
rpgmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 03:03 AM   #1764
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
I have a Kindle Touch non-ad version with 5.3.7.2 trying to jailbreak it with jbpatch 2.3.1 but unfortunately it gives me an error jailbreak unsupported init.xargs. The main problem is that I would like to jailbreak it and use Russian tts voice language.
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:38 PM   #1765
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by donMaranzano View Post
I have a Kindle Touch non-ad version with 5.3.7.2 trying to jailbreak it with jbpatch 2.3.1 but unfortunately it gives me an error jailbreak unsupported init.xargs. The main problem is that I would like to jailbreak it and use Russian tts voice language.
Ah, "jailbreak it with jbpatch" ???
Does not compute.

The jailbreak and the jbpatch application are two different things.
Do the KT jailbreak **first** and report back the results.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 03:29 PM   #1766
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
I jailbreak it. Can I use this patch for my version 5.3.7.2?
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 04:22 PM   #1767
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@donMaranzano: Check the first post.

Spoiler: no.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #1768
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Temporally hack for Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4-5.4.4.2 and Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation 5.4.2-5.4.5.1 with "English (United Kingdom)" interface:

Paperwhite
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_534.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_535.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_536.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_538.zip (also works on 5.3.8.1)
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_539.zip
update_fonthack_0.4_pw_544.zip
update_fonthack_0.5_pw_5441.zip (also works on 5.4.4.2)

Paperwhite 2
update_fonthack_0.4_pw2_542.zip (also works on 5.4.2.1)
update_fonthack_0.4_pw2_543.zip
update_fonthack_0.5_pw2_5431.zip (also works on 5.4.3.2)
update_fonthack_0.5_pw2_545.zip (also works on 5.4.5.1)

- The changed size of a font at reading mobi-books (Mobi-drawing-en_GB.jar)
- The changed size of a font at reading kf8/azw3-books (HTMLReader-impl-en_GB.jar);
- The changed size of a font in the panel of search (Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar);
- The switched on reflow-mode for pdf-documents (Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar);
- The changed margins at reading mobi/kf8-books and pdf-documents (ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar);
- The reduced height of the bottom progressbar (ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar).

More details in a Readme_eng.txt file...
Are there any of these hacks that will work for a Kindle Touch that's not jailbroken? I'm not sure of the firmware version on it. I can get it if it matters.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:10 PM   #1769
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@JSWolf: Doubly no.

First and foremost, anything of that sort would require a jailbroken device.
Second, the hacks from kaznelson you quoted very specifically target (roughly) a single FW version on a single device, and that only for the PW1 & PW2.

That said, on a Touch, JBPatch *should* handle those modifications, depending on the exact FW verion. But, again, that's on a jailbroken device.

For (mostly, because that file lives on an internal partition) vanilla devices, the choices are much more limited.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:02 PM   #1770
saker2
saker2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Pdf Reflow, in Kindle Paperwhite 2, firmware 5.6.1.0.2

Hi, I question whether it is planned to introduce pdf reflow on the new firmware 5.6.1.0.2 Kindle ?

Martin
saker2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks