Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-11-2007, 05:48 PM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Address book on Sony Reader

I just had a light-bulb moment, and transferred my personal address book onto the reader, so as to have one thing fewer to carry about.

I've always had a copy on the computer ( for making labels etc) so it only tooka moment.

I'n now thinking of making a miscellaneous file for those odds and ends I want to know when out shopping, e.g. my partner's shirt size, the numbers for the printer cartridges and vacuum cleaner dustbags etc.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #2
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Great idea! It will be very interesting over the next few months and years to see what uses this Reader is actually put to.

I still carry around my Palm Tungsten T5 for my address book, so I haven't done what you've done (I play games on it a lot so I can't abandon it even though I don't use it for reading anymore).
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:19 PM   #3
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
P.S. How did you get so much Karma from only having made 34 posts? Did you join under several names and keep giving yourself more karma all the time? :-)
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:49 PM   #4
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
P.S. How did you get so much Karma from only having made 34 posts? Did you join under several names and keep giving yourself more karma all the time? :-)
Creating LRF files I guess, I see a lot of karma boosting based on this.

Easier to get karma with handmade e-books ;-)
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:13 PM   #5
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
why didn't i think of that
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #6
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
she's earned all the karma i've given her, maybe a lot more too
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:17 AM   #7
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

considering how the content are constantly changing, it will be nice to have a addressbook->RSS feed converter
so it syncs every time when it is plugged in via usb. i am currently using custom formated pdf for addressbook

still looking for a decent comprehensive english dictionary

Last edited by jakeluck; 06-12-2007 at 02:24 AM.
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:44 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Creating LRF files I guess, I see a lot of karma boosting based on this.

Easier to get karma with handmade e-books ;-)
True. Plus, if someone with a high karma gives you a "boost", it can increase it by several hundred in a single shot.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:46 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
she's earned all the karma i've given her, maybe a lot more too
You must be the champion "karma giver" here, UncleDuke. It's much appreciated .

It is a nice idea to boost the karma of someone who's done something helpful. Always good to bear that in mind, especially perhaps for new users who may not be aware of the way the "system" works.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:08 AM   #10
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeluck View Post
considering how the content are constantly changing, it will be nice to have a addressbook->RSS feed converter
so it syncs every time when it is plugged in via usb. i am currently using custom formated pdf for addressbook

still looking for a decent comprehensive english dictionary
With a dictionary it would be handy to have a search function. Otherwise lookup will be tedious. But sometimes I just like to read the dictionary. I also have some pBooks somewhere that are special dictionaries -- quotations, slang, medical terminology, etc.

There is an older Webster's Dictionary in the Gutenberg collection. Maybe it is, as George Carlin would say, "Fine but not dandy."
mogui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:40 PM   #11
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Hey Uncle Duke!

Easy on the donuts! We're all gaining weight! Is that why Alex moved us to a bigger server?

Oh! the reason I wrote in is for this thread.

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 06-12-2007 at 01:43 PM.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:22 PM   #12
jpchan
jpchan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I've just returned from Las Vegas and had up loaded to my sony reader a couple of different blackjack basic stratagy charts ( slightly different charts depending on game rules, ie single deck, 8 deck shoe, dealer hits on soft 17, double down after split, etc.) Only problem is that I kept getting asked to put the thing away by the floor person or getting dirty looks because they did not like me using any electronic device while playing the game. Maybe afraid I was trying to cheat.

I was force to rely on my faulty memory to try and play according to basic stratagy rules. Still lost money though.
jpchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:08 PM   #13
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
[quote=Patricia;74028]I just had a light-bulb moment, and transferred my personal address book onto the reader, so as to have one thing fewer to carry about.

I've always had a copy on the computer ( for making labels etc) so it only tooka moment.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:29 PM   #14
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Actually, I too am astonished (but very pleased) to have acquired so much karma and will endeavour to return the favour.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:43 AM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I feel like an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Actually, I too am astonished (but very pleased) to have acquired so much karma and will endeavour to return the favour.
I didn't really pay any attention to Karma - really not knowing what it is. Now I look and find I have more karma than doe-nuts [misspelling is intentional], as I feel like a nut -or an idiot - or an ass!

Yes, I will try to attempt to pay back the Karma for all the wonderful books that I've acquired at the Upload section.

When I think about it, I have all these great old novels by Edgar Wallace; a virtually complete Edgar Rice Burroughs; the Arthur Machen; and et al.

Payback time doth approach!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote