Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #1
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Blantant Plug - RNLI Lifeboat Week - Swanage

OK just a blatant plug for the Lifeboat week at Swanage. The closing weekend's fun and games are this weekend, the 15/16 August. All the details are here . If you happen to havesoem time to kill there are things going on all weekend and it is all for the Royal National Lifeboat Institute (they are a charity that run the lifeboat service in the UK).

Why am I plugging it? Well two fold:

Firstly, I am a sailor and sail in the waters Swanage Lifeboat cover, I hope I never need their services but am really pleased they are there if I do.

Secondly, we have a team in the Build a Boat cometition for the second year. Basically they give you a 4 foot by 8 foot sheet of ply wood, 2x 1inch by 3/4 inch battons, some nails and glue and some duct tape. You then have 4 hours to build a boat and race it across the bay. Last year we sunk

So if you are their and see people from 'Team Titanic' say hi, cause that will be me and the Team

thank you for putting up with this blatant advert, hope I haven't broken any rules and they are a registered charity.

Pev.
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Drat - don't think we'll be able to get to Swanage this weekend (and even if we did, the yeti might be drawn more to the railway than the seas!).

But it's definitely a worthy cause to support.

(I had great fun once a way round the coast to the east (Seaford) watching the RNLI on a training run - including watching the injured party going for a float in the sea!)

Good luck with the boat this time!!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
that sounds like a brilliant event peverel. i hope you'll tell us all about it afterwards. preferably with photos. and i hope you won't get too wet this year. good luck !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #4
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
that sounds like a brilliant event peverel. i hope you'll tell us all about it afterwards. preferably with photos. and i hope you won't get too wet this year. good luck !
Especially if you get too wet
Old 08-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

maybe "before" and "after" photos are called for in this particular situation.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #6
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

lol - last year I sank - this year my better half is skippering - I won't be getting wet ho ho

Now how carefully do I need to build this boat
Old 08-11-2009, 06:34 PM   #7
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Just bear in mind that revenge is a dish best served cold, and I believe the sea will be rather cold. Especially at the end of the pier... (Well, that's what I'd do in that situation )
Old 08-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #8
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
the Build a Boat competition is the one im after! very interesting. hope you don't sink this time! good luck!

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:20 AM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
Team Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
lol - last year I sank - this year my better half is skippering - I won't be getting wet ho ho

Now how carefully do I need to build this boat

dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #10
Peverel
Still Easily Confused

Bump

It all happens tomorrow in Swanage if you can get there - Lots of other stuff too and all for a good cause - rememebr all the RNLI LifeGuard people are volunteers

"We now return you to your normal programming"
Old 08-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #11
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Good luck Team Titanic!!

Watch out for icebergs - I'm sure someone will be chucking lettuce at you.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:38 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Good luck Team Titanic!!

Watch out for icebergs - I'm sure someone will be chucking lettuce at you.

(so how wet are you, pev ? or is it still going on ?)
Old 08-19-2009, 01:56 AM   #13
Peverel
Still Easily Confused

Sorry work has been mad since I got back. I have pictures - will try to sort a couple today. I got wet up to my ankles - we didn't sink or capsize and came in 3rd out of 7. I am basically very pleased as we never even finished last year
Old 08-19-2009, 01:11 PM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Excellent! Well done - and an extremely worthy cause.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:53 PM   #15
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Well done Pev, and the rest of the team!!
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote