Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-09-2009, 09:03 AM   #991
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Granted. It may only be granted in Universe X. (You'll need to make your own travel plans)

I wish this thread to be properly resurrected... with bolts of lightning!

granted ..... and the internet failed massively (again)....

I wish that Summer would start all over again ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #992
Reyben
Connoisseur
Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Erm... None.
Quote:
I wish that Summer would start all over again ....
GRANTED. Welcome to the little town of Groundhog, where summer will start for you again. And again. And again. Till the end of time. And in case you were hoping you might escape by stealing a moment of happiness with your true love, oh, what's that? Bill Murray has run off with here. You're here forever, friend.

GRANTED. Welcome to the little town of...

I wish for total control of the consequences of this wish.
Reyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #993
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyben View Post
I wish for total control of the consequences of this wish.
Granted. What you don't get, of course, is total control of the consequences of the consequences of this wish. Pitchforks at dawn, anyone?

I wish this afternoon wasn't so humid
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:54 PM   #994
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Granted. What you don't get, of course, is total control of the consequences of the consequences of this wish. Pitchforks at dawn, anyone?

I wish this afternoon wasn't so humid
Granted. But it gets in fact too dry and you are out of water.

I wish this place would clean itself up.
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #995
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
I wish this place would clean itself up.
Granted. After a while, it becomes self aware, and starts to clean up everything it considers to be mess. Clothes, furniture, people. Oddly enough, the cats, cat food and litter trays aren't touched...

I wish my shower would automatically adjust the temperature of the water to exactly what I want it to be at any given moment during a shower.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #996
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I wish my shower would automatically adjust the temperature of the water to exactly what I want it to be at any given moment during a shower.
Granted. Your shower starts to read your subconscious to regulate the temperature of the water. If only you could train yourself to wish a nice temperature and not think of ice or the desert during the shower...

I wish my umts-connection would turn into a well-funtionining, always-on, fast broadband..
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #997
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
Granted. Your shower starts to read your subconscious to regulate the temperature of the water. If only you could train yourself to wish a nice temperature and not think of ice or the desert during the shower...

I wish my umts-connection would turn into a well-funtionining, always-on, fast broadband..
Granted. However service is no longer available in your area.

I wish for it to be two seconds ago.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #998
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Granted. However service is no longer available in your area.

I wish for it to be two seconds ago.
Granted..

I wish my Windows Vista PC would grant access to my Windows XP netbook.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #999
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Granted..

I wish my Windows Vista PC would grant access to my Windows XP netbook.
Granted. Your Windows Vista PC grants "access" to your Windows XP netbook, and pretty soon they're happily married and you are surrounded by a whole lot of bouncing baby BSOD-devices running Windows Me.

I wish I could get rid of this cold.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:52 PM   #1000
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Granted. Your Windows Vista PC grants "access" to your Windows XP netbook, and pretty soon they're happily married and you are surrounded by a whole lot of bouncing baby BSOD-devices running Windows Me.

I wish I could get rid of this cold.

Cheers,
Marc
Granted. But relatives are coming back, and this time they stay for a whole month!

I wish I could be in Paris right now, and for a whole week.
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #1001
Reyben
Connoisseur
Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Erm... None.
Granted. You are in Paris... and the year is 1794. Due to a series of increasingly improbable coincidences, you also look exactly like Maximilien Robespierre. Don't worry, though- you'll definitely be in Paris for the whole week. You just might not have a head for some of that time.

I wish to storm the castle, rescue the princess, slay the Dragon and teach that Mario a lesson.
Reyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #1002
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyben View Post
I wish to storm the castle, rescue the princess, slay the Dragon and teach that Mario a lesson.
Granted. But you mixed some of this up so you slayed the princess, rescued Mario and taught the dragon how to read backwards.

I wish for no mosquitos or other bugging, annoying or stabbing and biting animals this night.
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:20 AM   #1003
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Granted. You have just been transported to Antarctica. Did we mention that you forgot your long underwear? And your pants?

I wish I didn't have to work this week.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:22 AM   #1004
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post

Sorry, not granted - some doubt as to whether you work or play....

I wish: for the $300.00 to be paid into my offshore account, with interest....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:25 AM   #1005
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Granted. You have just been transported to Antarctica. Did we mention that you forgot your long underwear? And your pants?

Granted. You don't have to work this week. Wow, that was an easy one.

I wish I could get rid of this bronchitis or whatever the hell it is.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dr. who by llounge llamas, unutterable silliness