Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #211
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Sergey, can you add a refresh when you start a new Gomoku game? The "ghosts" of the old pawns make a little of confusion.
(ps: thank you for your work again)
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #212
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Sergey, can you add a refresh when you start a new Gomoku game? The "ghosts" of the old pawns make a little of confusion.
Sure, I'll try
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #213
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Lucas, I can't see the ghosts in Gomoku (after new game) on my Kobo Touch in the latest version... Are you using the latest version?
Old 09-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #214
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Mh, maybe not, I should check.

Out of curiosity, Gomoku have a training AI or I become more and more dunce as the time goes by?
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:37 AM   #215
demondog
Enthusiast
demondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: kobo touch
hi , i want to install this on my kobo glo , but if im using ''night mode hack'' can i use this too? because for night mode i have to put the tgz into kobo, folder , so im not sure if i can put now this one and keep both? , and one more question its easy to uninstall this app? thankyou
demondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2013, 05:59 AM   #216
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by demondog View Post
hi , i want to install this on my kobo glo , but if im using ''night mode hack'' can i use this too? because for night mode i have to put the tgz into kobo, folder , so im not sure if i can put now this one and keep both? , and one more question its easy to uninstall this app? thankyou
hi!

1. I think you can install it without any problem. tgz (update file) is automatically removed after installation.
2. to uninstall KoboLauncher just remove your ".kobo/KoboLauncher" directory.

but read carefully the installation manual firts.

p.s. cool reader is not stable and 100% working for now. But it will be much better soon...
Old 09-22-2013, 06:05 AM   #217
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Mh, maybe not, I should check.

Out of curiosity, Gomoku have a training AI or I become more and more dunce as the time goes by?
hehe absolutely no training AI I have no time even for making existing AI stronger.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #218
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
hi!

1. I think you can install it without any problem. tgz (update file) is automatically removed after installation.
2. to uninstall KoboLauncher just remove your ".kobo/KoboLauncher" directory.

but read carefully the installation manual firts.

p.s. cool reader is not stable and 100% working for now. But it will be much better soon...
Hello, thanks for your hard work.

I have installed KoboLauncher on my glo, and it woks well except that the frontlight does not work. Is there any workaround or fix for this? Also, will it work in future versions?
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #219
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
Hello, thanks for your hard work.

I have installed KoboLauncher on my glo, and it woks well except that the frontlight does not work. Is there any workaround or fix for this? Also, will it work in future versions?
Hi!

I have no frontlight (Kobo Touch). But as far as I know, you can turn on the frontlight and start Kobo Launcher.

Of cause I'll add the frontlight control in the future.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:00 AM   #220
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
[Deleted due to my reticence to get involved in yet another internet skirmish.]

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 09-30-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #221
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Has anyone used the launcher in tandem with the patcher and, if so, are both complimentary or are there conflicts?
what for?
Old 10-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #222
WabbitSeason
WabbitSeason began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
The usbnet script didn't work for my Kobo Glo running 2.8.1b, and after a lot of debugging, I found that I had the problem solved in cgm999's post. I adapted usbnet.sh so it intelligently looks for the required modules under /drivers/ntx508 by replacing
Code:
    if [ $PLATFORM == freescale ]; then
        driver_root=$root
    else
        driver_root=/drivers/ntx508/usb
    fi
with
Code:
        driver_root=$root
    else
        driver_root=`dirname \`find /drivers/ntx508/ -name arcotg_udc.ko\``
        if [ -z $driver_root ]; then
            msgbox "usbnet" "ntx508 drivers missing!"
            exit 1
        fi
    fi
Now it should work for everyone without manual edits, and it has a chance to survive further module location changes Kobo might do in the future . Attached is the full script with my adaptation. Feel free to include it in any new releases, sergeyvl12!
Attached Files
File Type: txt usbnet.sh.txt (1,008 Bytes, 206 views)
WabbitSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #223
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WabbitSeason View Post
The usbnet script didn't work for my Kobo Glo running 2.8.1b, and after a lot of debugging, I found that I had the problem solved in cgm999's post. I adapted usbnet.sh so it intelligently looks for the required modules under /drivers/ntx508 by replacing
Code:
        driver_root=$root
    else
    fi
with
Code:
        driver_root=$root
    else
        driver_root=`dirname \`find /drivers/ntx508/ -name arcotg_udc.ko\``
        if [ -z $driver_root ]; then
            msgbox "usbnet" "ntx508 drivers missing!"
            exit 1
        fi
    fi
Now it should work for everyone without manual edits, and it has a chance to survive further module location changes Kobo might do in the future . Attached is the full script with my adaptation. Feel free to include it in any new releases, sergeyvl12!
Thanks, WabbitSeason

But this problem is already solved in the latest version 1.2.6.7.

The error was in path:

it should be
driver_root=/drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget
instead of

You can find the latest versions of KoboLauncher here.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #224
WabbitSeason
WabbitSeason began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Thanks, WabbitSeason

But this problem is already solved in the latest version 1.2.6.7.

The error was in path:

it should be
driver_root=/drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget
instead of

You can find the latest versions of KoboLauncher here.
Ah, that explains it. And I see you've updated the download link in the first post now . While you're at it, could you update the link on http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/ as well? That's where I got my outdated version. Thanks for all your work on this, KoboLauncher opens up so many possibilities!
WabbitSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #225
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
Hi sergeyvl12 !!!

Everything working in my Kobo AURA.

Thank you very much for your work!!!
It's good to have Coolreader in my Kobo, even being a very basic version it works fine

PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote