Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #376
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
For Canadians, the Sony T2 is $99 at Future Shop.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #377
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I wish we had a Costco! I don't know why we don't have one here.
Never heard of Fred Meyer.
S
Fred Meyer is a northwest chain of superstores similar to a Super Walmart. It was sold to Kroger in 1999, but retained the Fred Meyer name. I find their grocery prices to be generally cheaper than Walmart.

Fred Meyer's department store goods are generally higher quality than Walmart, so cost more.

As to Costco, we have about 20 stores within 60 miles and 15 stores within 30 miles.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #378
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Actually, they said 3 would do it

Thanks for this wonderful thread, BTW. I've had the BEST time reading it over the past few days!
You're welcome.

Stay tuned, because this thread will be going all the way through Cyber Monday.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #379
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I added a new category to the OP. Check it out; especially the Daily Deals post. I've sifted through the deals and listed the ones we'd be interested in.

Amazon Daily Lightning Deals
Old 11-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #380
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Amazon has some un-announced (well, I think) price reductions on the sandisk ultra micro memory cards (16GB for $10 and 32GB for $19) Not the best prices, but very easy to order. I got the SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB MP3 Player for $28 which matches the BestBuy discount if I remember correctly. And the BB website was horrible for me to try and use. I was on the phone for 1/2 hour with their customer service to try to get the shopping cart to work. Finally gave up.

But glad to see Amazon with similar prices for the mp3 players. Bravo.

Last edited by rgeorg; 11-23-2012 at 11:19 AM.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #381
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Best Buy still has the iPod touch deal online for the same price it'll sell for in the store. Some of the colors are sold out though.

Amazon is still selling the Roku 2 XD for $60 ($20 off).

Sears has the Nook for $40 -- in-store only.
I wanted the iPod in store, so I could use the $50 giftcard for the Roku player or the Bluray play - I ended up getting all three, since I can return either the Roku or the Bluray player. The whole experience was a breeze, all employees beyond friendly and helpful - who would have though!! I was so blown away, I actually talked to the store manager about it.

Afyer BB, I stopped at Target to get HDMI cables for $10, half of what the cheapest at BB was, and also got the Nook for $49. They had tons left. Again, I have no idea why I felt compelled to get it, but I have until 1/24 to play with it, so I can return it if I don't end up using it. I may give it to my sister for library books, since her German library only supports ePub, though she may not have any interest in it. The Sears ad said they only had "a minimum of 4 per store", so I didn't feel confident they's have any left around 4am.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #382
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I also wanted a Chromebook ($249). Best Buy had initially planned to sell it for $199, but the ad mysteriously disappeared. So I'm passing on this one too. I'll pay $199 for it, but not $249.

The Nexus 7 was my number one goal and I got it. So overall, it was a success for me.
I saw two Chromebooks on display and they are gooooorgeous, selling for $249, but I could not get either one of them to work. One was frozen trying to access the Wifi network, the other one was stuck on the power up sequence, so they did not inspire any type of confidence. My BB was totally OK when I went. No pushing/shoving/nastiness at all this year!!! And way too many employees were on hand, so I did not even have to stand in line, even though the store was packed. I'd have to do some search to see how much of my software even works on Chrome OS yet, but it was so soooo lighweight and the chiclet keyboard felt awesome, that I can see this a great device for writers.

They also had a sexy Samsung ultrabook that is 449 today. I may go back for it after doing some search. The Sunday ad had it listed for 499. It was very droolworthy.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #383
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'll be happy to answer any question you or anyone may have. I love Android! There is like an app for everything. You might want this to store the Player in. I got it for $5 but it's gone up a bit which is weird you would think with the sales it would go down. It a nice faux leather feel. Very stiff but padded. I have no problem putting this in my purse. It will only fit with the TPU Skin on though. It wont slip out. It's a nice tight fit. The screen is well protected with this that I haven't put a screen protector on yet.
I took your advice and bought this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Wish me luck, I ordered it from Amazon! I really want more control over my music and books and audiobooks. Itunes drives me nuts.

Thanks for your help. I will have tons of questions next week.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Sadly, I won't be seeing mine till mid-December 'cause I'm not in the US right now (though I was two weeks ago ). And feel free to join the Driven-Crazy-by-iTunes Club; I can't stand it and I've stopped trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Thanks for the video. Sounds like he thinks it isn't good to read books on. Well it really is packed with features however. I plan to replace and Ipod Touch with it. I do want to load mp3 audiobooks I will have to find out how to do that one.
Blossom and other people have said they have no problem reading on it so I'm not worried about that part.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #384
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quick question on microSD cards...

Amazon has this SanDisk 32GB on sale for $16, but it says 'Mobile'. Reviewer says it works fine in her NC, though.

Anyone know if 'Mobile' is different from a regular card?

Link
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #385
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4

S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #386
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Oh thanks for the tip on the Sansa Clip Zip. I got the orange one. Not sure who I will give it to yet.

I went to a Walmart last night. Chose the one in the more rural area. Got there about 7. Put my son in the video game area, people were already wall to wall around the cube, so told him to get in the Assassin's Cree line instead. I staked my spot out at the Bratz and Barbie area. I got 6 Bratz, 3 Barbies, and 1 Monster High doll (they only had 7 in the store! SEVEN! And only the pink one, no blue ones!). My son got the game, and then went and got 2 of the $15 dollar games. Luckily I called my mom and she got the NBA 13 game, and I got the WWE 13 game, from Amazon.

I think it's ok to go if you are only looking for one item and it's not electronics....but don't think I will do it ever again. I have been buying lots from Amazon. Went over to Sears this morning to get the $10 cameras. Their on-line shopping is LESS than ideal, that's for sure.

And sold my Nook Color on ebay today, for my full price, despite all the sales. Yay! Guess I better get it ready to ship.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #387
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post

S
So true.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #388
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Oh thanks for the tip on the Sansa Clip Zip. I got the orange one. Not sure who I will give it to yet.

I went to a Walmart last night. Chose the one in the more rural area. Got there about 7. Put my son in the video game area, people were already wall to wall around the cube, so told him to get in the Assassin's Cree line instead. I staked my spot out at the Bratz and Barbie area. I got 6 Bratz, 3 Barbies, and 1 Monster High doll (they only had 7 in the store! SEVEN! And only the pink one, no blue ones!). My son got the game, and then went and got 2 of the $15 dollar games. Luckily I called my mom and she got the NBA 13 game, and I got the WWE 13 game, from Amazon.

I think it's ok to go if you are only looking for one item and it's not electronics....but don't think I will do it ever again. I have been buying lots from Amazon. Went over to Sears this morning to get the $10 cameras. Their on-line shopping is LESS than ideal, that's for sure.

And sold my Nook Color on ebay today, for my full price, despite all the sales. Yay! Guess I better get it ready to ship.
Since I know nothing about Barbies and video games, how much money did you save by going to Walmart last night? And how long did it take you (sounds like it was packed)?

Last edited by xendula; 11-23-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #389
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Europeans have soccer riots, Americans have Black Friday riots

Old 11-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #390
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Europeans have soccer riots, Americans have Black Friday riots

Worse than a buncha monkeys fighting for bananas!

and on a semi-related note:

Last edited by kennyc; 11-23-2012 at 01:02 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote