Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #16
Faw
Faw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culex View Post
On the wiki there is a download for the collections script you can get here. Will require the Launcher to be installed.

1. It will delete existing collections each time.
2. It will only create Collections with Single Words. Apparently it can not handle Series(Directories?) with spaces in them.

ie. Discworld will be created and books properly assigned, however The Lord of the Rings collection will not be created.

If someone can fix the script, that would be awesome.
Thanks for the info,I installed it and it works great!

As reward for your help, here is the fixed script. It can add collections with spaces now, also it didn't added collections (or books) with apostrophes on them. Now it adds those as well.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CollectionSync.zip (5.7 KB, 1134 views)
Faw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #17
Culex
Culex began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faw View Post
Thanks for the info,I installed it and it works great!

As reward for your help, here is the fixed script. It can add collections with spaces now, also it didn't added collections (or books) with apostrophes on them. Now it adds those as well.
Thank you so much, it works really well!
Culex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:54 AM   #18
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Does it remove any documents or only collection?
Thanks
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #19
Culex
Culex began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Does it remove any documents or only collection?
Thanks
Only existing collections, it doesn't remove anything else. If it isn't a part of a collection it shows in the main tree.
Culex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:55 AM   #20
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Thanks a lot!!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #21
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
UPDATE: Never mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzblizz View Post
what happens if the systems encounters a broken/inconsistent cc.db? Has this any fatal consequences for the catalog app? Anyone brave enough to try? ;-)
I didn't want to create another thread for the issue I ran into just now, which pretty much is same as what Fizzblizz mentioned. The difference is that I didn't do anything DIRECTLY on cc.db. Here's what I did:

I installed WaffleTodos in my GUI Launcher, ran INSERT INTO command to register the app in appreg.db, but then I wanted to change position of the extension slightly, so I moved that extension to my desired folder and updated the properties table accordingly (obviously with UPDATE command).

Then I read a document and put it in a collection (so cc.db is changed).

Now when I run .tables or .schema, it doesn't show anything! Unfortunately I didn't quit the sqlite3 instances properly, I just CTRL+Z on it and I can see I have 3 instances of sqlite3 running when I run ps aux. Is killing sqlite3 instances a solution to this problem or it hurts the dbs even more?! Is my collections corrupted? Is it safe to reboot my Touch?!!!

Last edited by thatworkshop; 08-07-2012 at 03:53 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:58 AM   #22
KT2k12MR
KT2k12MR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faw View Post
Unfortunately, it does not work for me - or at least I am getting the whole thing wrong.

I do see the menu entry within GUI Launcher and I am able to select 'create collections' but while doing so the window disappears and literally nothing happens. The screen again shows my sent items unsorted and cluttered.

I have had a look into the script's code and figured out that the screensaver is being suspended for the work to be done, while it is activated again and forced to become active (press of power switch is being simulated) after the script has finished it's work. Thus, I expected to go into screensaver mode after all collections have been created, but nothing happens...

I have two questions in this regard:
(A) Does this only work on an english Kindle Touch? I have localized the Kindle already...
(B) Is there any progress bar or so in order to figure out that the Kindle is in fact working on something while sorting the collections? I have no indication, but the regular screen...Thus, I started it over and over again and asking myself whether I should wait even a bit longer?

How long does it take on your Kindles to create the collections?

I understood that the collections are created based on my folder structure within the documents folder. Am I right?

Also, the first version of the script have had some issues with directories containing spaces. This issue could be easily fixed by renaming all folders and/or replace all spaces by underscores - though, I haven't tried this yet.

I am clueless at this point whether I am doing something wrong or the script is not working properly...

cheers
KT

Last edited by KT2k12MR; 02-28-2012 at 01:08 AM.
KT2k12MR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #23
Faw
Faw began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT2k12MR View Post
Unfortunately, it does not work for me - or at least I am getting the whole thing wrong.

I do see the menu entry within GUI Launcher and I am able to select 'create collections' but while doing so the window disappears and literally nothing happens. The screen again shows my sent items unsorted and cluttered.
How are you organizing the books in the kindle? I'm using "<collection_name>/<series_index>.<title>" AFAIK, it has to be that way.

Quote:
I have had a look into the script's code and figured out that the screensaver is being suspended for the work to be done, while it is activated again and forced to become active (press of power switch is being simulated) after the script has finished it's work. Thus, I expected to go into screensaver mode after all collections have been created, but nothing happens...
So you start it and it never run goes into the screensaver? If that happens then maybe the script must be finishing early because of an error. You can install the usb-network thing, telnet into the kindle and run the script to see what it is doing, it actually prints what it is doing.

Quote:
I have two questions in this regard:
(A) Does this only work on an english Kindle Touch? I have localized the Kindle already...
No idea.

Quote:
(B) Is there any progress bar or so in order to figure out that the Kindle is in fact working on something while sorting the collections? I have no indication, but the regular screen...Thus, I started it over and over again and asking myself whether I should wait even a bit longer?
The only way is the "going to screensaver" mode. If it at the screensaver, its done.

Quote:
How long does it take on your Kindles to create the collections?
I have 200 something books, and it creates the collections very fast (seconds)

Quote:
I understood that the collections are created based on my folder structure within the documents folder. Am I right?
Yes, I already mentioned the format im using before.

Quote:
Also, the first version of the script have had some issues with directories containing spaces. This issue could be easily fixed by renaming all folders and/or replace all spaces by underscores - though, I haven't tried this yet.
I fixed that problem, it can process folders/books with spaces and apostrophes

Quote:
I am clueless at this point whether I am doing something wrong or the script is not working properly...
The best thing to do is log into the kindle through telnet and run the script yourself to see if it is giving you an error, that's how I found/fixed the spaces/apostrophes problems. Maybe there's something different with the localized ones.
Faw is offline   Reply With Quote