Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #16
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Two to three hours of reading and I'd adapted from the K2 to the K3 buttons with no problem. They will become second nature rather quickly for most of you I think.

On the other hand I have to agree with Harry about the fiddly feeling the K3 gives me, not only the 5 way but the entire device. It is so small and thin that my, not so large, hands feel like they are almost cramping trying to hold and use it. I'm used to the K2 with the Amazon cover and remember that it also felt small without the cover. Of course I spent much of my life working with my hands doing manly stuff.

Until the new cover comes I'll just have to put up with that delicate feeling.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:45 PM   #17
Corran006
Connoisseur
Corran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
Love the Kindle 3. So-so on the buttons. I just don't know why they're so damn tiny. AND, when you push them, the back-side of the button pushes into your left pointy finger (if you hold Kindle left-handed).

Not sure why Amazon changed what wasn't broken with K2. I understand the complaint that the buttons were a tad loud on the K2, so make them like the K2, but softer!

Not saying I hate the K3 buttons, but so far, I definitely prefer the K2's!
Not for me, cause i never had a kindle 2! So this is my first one.
Corran006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #18
kathyfitz
Electronics Whore
kathyfitz doesn't litterkathyfitz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone5, Kindle3
I like the new buttons. It is taking me some time to get used to the new locations though.
kathyfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:06 PM   #19
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
The new buttons do take some time to get used to but I don't miss the "CLICK" sound from the K2.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:09 PM   #20
jswinden
Nameless Being

I like the page turn buttons. I wish my DX Graphite had them on both sides. They are much easier to activate than the DXG buttons, and certainly the left buttons are welcomed as I'm left handed.

Some don't like the 5-way controller, but compared to my DXG it gives me much greater control than the toggle button. I've got large fingers but I found a way to use the 5-way controller with great effectiveness. I put my thumb in the center and press out and down in the direction I need. So far I haven't accidentally pressed the center button nor the Menu or Back buttons.
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 02:35 PM   #21
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Thumb nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's not the page turn buttons that bother me, but the microscopically small 5-way navigation control; it's just too small for my fingers.
Use your thumb nail for the 5-way and the buttons. It works perfectly.

I got used to that with my NowBible where the thumb nail operates the entire device without the attached stylus.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #22
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's not the page turn buttons that bother me, but the microscopically small 5-way navigation control; it's just too small for my fingers.
It is much smaller than I imagined, especially the direction buttons. Like Sirmaru, I find that I use my thumb nail almost naturally but I'm afraid that I'm going to scrape off the directional arrows over time, so I'm trying to force myself to tip of my thumb instead.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #23
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
With my K2, I put my thumb (either hand; I switch) across the button. Then I flex the inner part of the thumb, & the press is actually done with my lower thumb, not the tip. Might that work on the K3?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote