Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Reset to factory default.

I Need back my kindle to factory default.

It have installed: jailbreak, personally screensavers and adiccional fonts.

Is enough with touch the kindle option "reset to factory default"? and then apply upgrade 5.3.1, or perhaps i need to uninstall everything before do it...
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
I Need back my kindle to factory default.

It have installed: jailbreak, personally screensavers and adiccional fonts.

Is enough with touch the kindle option "reset to factory default"? and then apply upgrade 5.3.1, or perhaps i need to uninstall everything before do it...
"reset to factory default" does not do quite what the name sounds like it would do.

remove anything you added.
return to original anything you have changed.
uninstall the things you have installed (jailbreak last).

Then do the upgrade.
Note: You will not be able to jailbreak the new software - but from your post, I think that is what you want.
If not, then do not remove the jailbreak - it will survive the update.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks knc1, i don't want jailbreak again, this kindle will be back to Amazon ;-)
Old 01-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
ersott
Evangelist

Sorry, i'm not sure.

k5 is kindle paperwhite?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
K5 is both Touch and Paperwhite.

If you're talking about a Paperwhite, and want to reset it to "completely default" for sending it back to Amazon, then yes: factory reset followed by 5.3.1 reinstall will do exactly that.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert