Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
harpangel36
Connoisseur
harpangel36 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Some dropbox books not showing in Calibre

I have over 1,000 books stored in dropbox. I have my Calibre library set to that dropbox folder for books. But there are some books in my dropbox not listed in my library. Problem is they are random and I have no idea where to start in fixing that nor why it isn't reading all the books. I totally uninstalled Calibre and deleted all the associated files, reinstalled and directed it to my dropbox library and the same thing. Should I go into my dropbox and delete all the .db files? Please help?

Last edited by harpangel36; 11-03-2012 at 09:08 PM.
harpangel36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpangel36 View Post
I have over 1,000 books stored in dropbox. I have my Calibre library set to that dropbox folder for books. But there are some books in my dropbox not listed in my library. Problem is they are random and I have no idea where to start in fixing that nor why it isn't reading all the books. I totally uninstalled Calibre and deleted all the associated files, reinstalled and directed it to my dropbox library and the same thing. Should I go into my dropbox and delete all the .db files? Please help?
the problem with putting (calibre) things into 'the cloud' or on a networked drive is any bump in the night can disturb the 'transaction'.
Calibre is a bunch of filing steps to complete the 'transaction' (book format, OPF, cover (varies) and update the DB (a number of internal tables and indexes)
If you synch to a local folder in near real time, the problem can become worse. you move a file,but for some reason, the other end tries to put it back if the timing gets off .
If you want to try and recover. RENAME the OLD DB, just in case
then Library maintenance restore database.
Be prepared for HOURS of grinding away.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2012, 03:05 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you use the Calibre library maintenance option to check your library it should allow you to identify what files are present but not known to Calibre. You can then decide what to do with them.
itimpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:56 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
If you use the Calibre library maintenance option to check your library it should allow you to identify what files are present but not known to Calibre. You can then decide what to do with them.
Excellent advice

Tests (non-destructive) FIRST

Make drastic changes LAST
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
If you use more then one computer to access your dropbox, to prevent this from happening more in the future wait until all dropbox files are up to date before starting calibre. If you start calibre before this occurs you will lock the database and any changes you made on the other computer will not be reflected.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert