Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you updating to iOS5?
Sticking to iOS4 for Stanza. 16 22.86%
Updating to iOS5 - new features trump Stanza. 22 31.43%
Moot point - already updated to iOS5. 27 38.57%
Stanza? What's that? 3 4.29%
Other 2 2.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #16
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
I left Stanza when eReader and Fictionwise were decimated by the Agency situation. The few books I buy now, I read in their respective apps on my iPad. I deDRM the ones worth keeping and store in Calibre for future-proofing.

Haven't upgraded to iOS5 because I'm waiting for detailed reviews on iCloud. I rely heavily on MobileMe for a synced family calendar and want to proceed cautiously. That and my better half is stuck on Snow Leopard until AVID releases their Lion-compatible version.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:23 PM   #17
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
I would have waited but I figured out how to liberate my Fictionwise books. I've preferred iBooks for reading for some time now. Stanza was my great love on my iPhone, before I got my iPad.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2011, 03:25 AM   #18
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I have downgraded from iOS5 (with a lot of difficulty and angst) to OS4.1 I am over the moon that I can use stanza again.

I'll probably get a new phone (I have a 3GS) and with that, iOS5, in a few months, when hopefully Stanza will have been updated. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:25 AM   #19
Kattermole
Kattermole began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I downloaded the i2reader. It's a better replacement for Stanza than anything else I have tried. At least, I like the look of it on the iPad. Wish there was more "how to" attached to the list of wonderful things it says it does.
Kattermole is offline   Reply With Quote