Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Getting Apps from iTunes to iPad

I had to restore my PC from the system disks and after that iTunes kept giving me the message that my IPad was synchronized to another PC and it would delete all my data and apps if I synced to the new PC. I was able to back up the IPad and updated to IOS5 but when I restored from backup it did not load any of my apps. They are showing in iTunes but nothing was loaded to the iPad. I reloaded a few from the Apple store and my data is showing, game settings and iBooks library, but some apps are no longer available in the Apple store.

Is there a way to load apps from iTunes itself? I haven't been able to find anything about this.

Thanks.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
When you plug in your iPad to your computer, its icon should show up in the sidebar in iTunes. If you click on that icon, you should see your iPad, and all the apps in iTunes should be available to sync to your iPad.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #3
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Thanks but syncing didn't add any of the apps back. I think I'll have to start over and reset the iPad.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Did you check that you have apps set to sync within the ipad info from the sidebar in itunes? Sometimes those kinds of changes will reset and you have to go through and select each app individually from the list.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfanmd View Post
I had to restore my PC from the system disks and after that iTunes kept giving me the message that my IPad was synchronized to another PC and it would delete all my data and apps if I synced to the new PC. I was able to back up the IPad and updated to IOS5 but when I restored from backup it did not load any of my apps. They are showing in iTunes but nothing was loaded to the iPad. I reloaded a few from the Apple store and my data is showing, game settings and iBooks library, but some apps are no longer available in the Apple store.

Is there a way to load apps from iTunes itself? I haven't been able to find anything about this.

Thanks.
You should be able to re-download your apps from the cloud.
In iTunes, you find them under "purchased items". I found quite a few apps there, which aren't available in the appstore anymore. 2 apps even in the cloud are missing though...
On the iPad, it's basically the same: "former purchases".
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert