Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-29-2009, 05:01 PM   #46
Toeknee
Enthusiast
Toeknee began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_chan View Post
Just received my PEZ
Congratulations! I can't wait for mine to show up. Mine left Aztak 4 minutes before yours (see previous posts) and it has made it through customs but is still not here. Way to go, Canada Post.

In retrospect, our postal service might suck but I don't have to pay to go see the doctor and I don't know anyone who owns a gun. Maybe Canada ain't all that bad, eh?
Toeknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:18 AM   #47
usagi_chan
Enthusiast
usagi_chan began at the beginning.

Device: Black Pocket Pro (my preciousss)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toeknee View Post
Congratulations! I can't wait for mine to show up. Mine left Aztak 4 minutes before yours (see previous posts) and it has made it through customs but is still not here. Way to go, Canada Post.

In retrospect, our postal service might suck but I don't have to pay to go see the doctor and I don't know anyone who owns a gun. Maybe Canada ain't all that bad, eh?
Thank you, hope you'll recieve yours soon!
usagi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2009, 05:55 AM   #48
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
I wish that you never have another battery problem!

Me too, cause we'll never hear the end of it.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:57 AM   #49
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
.... and I don't know anyone who owns a gun. .....
And you think that's a GOOD thing?

Last edited by kennyc; 09-30-2009 at 06:44 AM. Reason: type
Old 09-30-2009, 06:16 AM   #50
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
And you thing that's a GOOD thing?
Well it is pretty nice. Better to never need one than to never have one. Wait what?

Imagine how fun it would be though if all the guns where airsoft. Everything would so much fun. Stings, but fun.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2009, 06:24 AM   #51
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Imagine how fun it would be though if all the guns where airsoft. Everything would so much fun. Stings, but fun.
Would bring a whole new meaning to the phrase "blown away"
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:06 AM   #52
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
My brothers, all 3 of them used to put on thick coveralls and welding helmets and take their BB and Pellets rifles out and shoot each other. They called it fun.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #53
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
My brothers, all 3 of them used to put on thick coveralls and welding helmets and take their BB and Pellets rifles out and shoot each other. They called it fun.
Oh and I'm sure you were never part of it.

P.S. just finished reading "The Year of the Flood" by Margaret Atwood. In it there is a "game" called PainBall where they put criminals on one of two teams. I'll let you imagine the rest.

Last edited by kennyc; 09-30-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:03 PM   #54
Toeknee
Enthusiast

Woohoo! Current delivery status is "Item out for delivery". I'm thinking I will have to bail out of work early today...
Old 09-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #55
kennyc

Quote:
Woohoo! Current delivery status is "Item out for delivery". I'm thinking I will have to bail out of work early today...
Old 09-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #56
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Oh and I'm sure you were never part of it.

P.S. just finished reading "The Year of the Flood" by Margaret Atwood. In it there is a "game" called PainBall where they put criminals on one of two teams. I'll let you imagine the rest.
Hehe. I was definitely not the sportsman type. I am moreso now than before, though.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #57
Toeknee
Enthusiast

Argh. 30.46 to spring it out of the Post Office. Sounds like I got dinged PST, GST and the $5 "I touched it fee" that Customs charges. Oh well...<digs out wallet>
Old 09-30-2009, 04:56 PM   #58
kennyc

But you got it, right?
Old 09-30-2009, 05:29 PM   #59
Toeknee
Enthusiast

IT'S HERE! I had to wait for the postal truck to finish his route and drop it off at the post office (located in the 7-11 two blocks from my house).

This thing is awesome! My lady friend just bought a Sony PRS-505 and hers arrived on Friday so I have been in major envy mode all week. No more!

I'm pleasantly surprised at the quality of the rubbery finish (I got the black one). It is not slippery at all whereas the Sony unit is metal and a bit slippery. I definitely like the interface as the menus and buttons make more sense to me than the ones on the Sony.

I'm very surprised that it came with a 1 GB SD card loaded with 300 free ebooks! I'm not sure if this is an introductory promo thing, but I don't recall reading anywhere on the EZREADER website that it included an SD card in the price. Nice touch.

I can't wait to show my EZReader off to my lady friend tonight.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #60
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

The SD card is a special bonus for the first-comers, those who pre-order and who buy during the intro month. Anyone who purchases afterwards will be SOL. At least, this is my understanding.