Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 01:26 AM   #1
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Free and bargain romance ebooks + Discussion November 2013

As requested, here is an outline of the purpose of this thread:

We point out free and bargain romances to each other, and recommend certain books that are/were free (or the opposite!).

Because Kindle freebies are easiest to find, the majority of the books listed are from Amazon, but freebies and bargains from other retailers and in other formats are more than welcome!

In case no retailer is specifically mentioned in a post, it is safe to assume it's for Amazon US.

Be aware that many freebies are only free for a day, so grab them fast!

In addition to the freebies, sales, and coupons we do discuss reading apps and devices, books, and life in general a bit in this thread. Sometimes we go off on seemingly unrelated tangents, but we always find our way back…
Old 11-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Amazon's got another new program, this one called Kindle First. According to this post Prime Members can get one of the featured books each month free and non-Prime members can get it for $1.99.

Anyway, what makes it relevant to this thread is that one of this month's titles is No Place for a Dame by Connie Brockway
Quote:
I bet you remember your first major crush. Mine was Mark, who lived across the street. When I read No Place for a Dame, I was transported right back to the summers of my Midwestern childhood, when I would long for a glimpse of Mark playing football or delivering the newspaper on his bike. Now, 1819 Regency London is very different from twentieth century Michigan. But Connie Brockway's lush love story returns you to the giddiness of your first crush. Connie describes the hero, Giles, as "golden and gifted." I actually called her up and teased her about taking my Mark story for this book! And that's the thing about Connie's work. It's like she's writing about something that actually happened in your life, or that you hope will happen.

Our heroine, Avery, is just as overwhelmed by the light-headed promise of new love as I was. She's been enamored with Giles since they were kids, growing up in his wealthy family's ancient castle by the sea. And it's easy to see why. Giles is the epitome of a Brockway hero: brooding, mysterious, charming, and the owner of any room he walks into. And yet I think I fell for Avery almost as much as I did for Giles. She's strong and opinionated, and she can't stop talking when you get her going about her life's passion - astronomy. Her humble background, her wicked humor, her real-life vulnerability... I was charmed by it all.

But the thing I love most of all about No Place for a Dame is the triumphant ending. You're relieved that Avery's background won't hold her back any longer. You're satisfied that a surprise plot twist resolves itself with a big, unexpected bang. And you're smiling because you're seeing a love, a first crush, no longer unrequited.
Advert
Old 11-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Anyway, what makes it relevant to this thread is that one of this month's titles is No Place for a Dame by Connie Brockway
I saw that and had to go and get it right away! This is great, hopefully there will be a romance book every month!
Old 11-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
shelle
shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.shelle is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle
Today's deals

FREE Descension (Mystic Series #1) (The Mystic Series) by B.C. Burgess

.99 Dancer by Emma Clark

FREE Shades of Honor (Grayson Brothers) by Wendy Lindstrom

Last edited by shelle; 11-13-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Amazon's got another new program, this one called Kindle First. According to this post Prime Members can get one of the featured books each month free and non-Prime members can get it for $1.99.

Oh dear Hubby is going to be like why is there a romance novel on my carousel? Love this new feature!
Advert
Old 11-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #6
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I saw that and had to go and get it right away! This is great, hopefully there will be a romance book every month!
I got it too. I initially didn't pay much mind to the Firsts announcement because I (wrongly) assumed it would be like KOLL, limited to those with actual Kindle devices, so I was pleased to see it also works with any Kindle device or app.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Oh dear Hubby is going to be like why is there a romance novel on my carousel?
Old 11-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #8
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Thanks library addict for setting up the Nov thread!
Old 11-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free @ Amazon

A River to Cross by Yvonne Harris
Inspirational Historical Western Romance

Indies:

Never Forget (Memories) by Emma Hart
New Adult Contemporary Romance 124 reviews (4.5)

Welcome to Paradise (The Kincaids) by Rosalind James
65 reviews (4.5)

Can't Live Without by Joanne Phillips
77 Reviews (4.0)

Lost and Found
: The Complete Series by Nadia Simonenko
Lost: 116 Reviews (4.5) Found: 62 Reviews (4.5)

Just something new I am trying with indies to make them more appealing. The number of reviews and the average rating on Amazon.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #10
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
This is great!
Old 11-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #11
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Shifter Romance Boxed Set - 0,99 for a limited time

Lions and tigers and bears…oh, yeah! This collection of shifter romances is guaranteed to heat up your cool autumn evenings with ten stories (350,000 total words!) of curve-loving werebears, sassy werecats and, of course, everyone’s favorite: alpha werewolves. Pick up this boxed set today and get in touch with your animal side tonight — just 99¢ for a limited time! (Regular Price $9.99!)

Stories from New York Times and USA Today bestselling authors Aubrey Rose, Eliza Gayle, Adriana Hunter, Terry Towers (writing as Elixa Everett), Tawny Taylor , Aphrodite Hunt (writing as Dawn Steele) and Marina Maddix ,as well as #1 Paranormal author Celia Kyle, Top 20 Shifter Romance author Cynthia Brint, and Top 100 Amazon and Barnes and Noble bestselling and award winning author Selena Kitt.

LAID BEAR by Marina Maddix: Curvy Bethany can’t believe her luck when her devastatingly hot neighbor Max falls for her. But his secret threatens her future…and her life.

BEARED TO YOU by Tawny Taylor: Curvy city girl Abby is thrilled when a hot, naked man shows up on her cabin’s front doorstep and stokes a blaze or two, in the fireplace and in her body…until he turns into a bear…and the two of them are forced to run for their lives through the untamed Alaskan wilderness.

HE AIN’T LION by Celia Kyle: Life sucks… And then you get turned into a werelion… And then have lotsa awesome sex…

WHATEVER HE NEEDS HER TO BE by Elixa Everett: What would you do to win over the man of your dreams? For shapeshifter Selena, it’s simply a matter of being whatever he needs her to be.

WANTED BY THE ALPHAS by Dawn Steele: New girl in a new town, Shannon, meets two extremely gorgeous and extremely different men who are vying for her attention — but who happen to be a witch and an alpha werewolf at war with each other.

BLIND WOLF by Aubrey Rose: A blind werewolf leading a pack of stragglers finally finds his one true mate — then realizes she’s human…

UNTIL THE FLOOD by Cynthia Brint: Fiona believes the love of her life died years ago, so how will she handle his return…and the fact that he’s no longer human?

DESIRES OF THE WOLFMAN by Julianne Reyer: A newlywed couple faces their deepest fantasies and fears as they’re thrust from their little rural community into a world of werewolf turmoil and mystery.

CAT LOVER (Book 1) by Selena Kitt: Sebastian and Katie are having relationship issues when her ex shows up to complicate things, but that’s the least of their worries, because Katie is finally changing–into something not quite human.

BETTER MATE THAN NEVER by Adriana Hunter: Caleb Stone has wanted Paige for as long as he can remember but there’s a reason he’s always kept his distance. Wolves, more specifically, Lycan’s, can’t mate with humans. Worse, he can sense her incredibly intense hunger for him but he knows that he can never give her what she wants, or needs.But when Paige is kidnapped by a powerful enemy Caleb has no choice but to go after her even if it means revealing his true identity…even if means risking it all.

LUCAS by Eliza Gayle: An uneasy alliance, a mating call that won’t be denied, rituals that must be honored, and unrelenting enemies who will stop at nothing to get what they want. In the end, there’s really only one choice… for Lucas.

Available at Amazon, AllRomance and Kobo.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #12
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Marilyn Pappano's A Hero To Come Home To is one of Amazon's Daily Deals at $1.99 I've already bought and read this book. Gave it 4 stars, it was a sweet, well written romance about a military hero and a war widow who both were dealing with sorrow and loss. I've always enjoyed Marilyn Pappano and this is one of her better books.

Blurb:

Two years after losing her husband in Afghanistan, Carly Lowry has rebuilt her life in Tallgrass, Oklahoma. She has a job she loves teaching third grade and the best friends in the world: fellow military wives who understand what it means to love a man in uniform. She's comfortable and content...until she meets a ruggedly handsome stranger who rekindles desires Carly isn't quite sure she's ready to feel.

Staff Sergeant Dane Clark wanted to have a loving family, a twenty-year Army stint, and then a low-key civilian career. But the paratrooper's plans were derailed by a mission gone wrong. Struggling to adjust to his new life, he finds comfort in the wide open spaces of Tallgrass--and in the unexpected attention of sweet, lovely Carly. She is the one person who makes him believe life is worth living. But when Carly discovers he's been hiding the real reason he's come to Tallgrass, will Dane be able to convince her he is the hero she needs?
Old 11-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #13
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
Marilyn Pappano's A Hero To Come Home To is one of Amazon's Daily Deals at $1.99 I've already bought and read this book. Gave it 4 stars, it was a sweet, well written romance about a military hero and a war widow who both were dealing with sorrow and loss. I've always enjoyed Marilyn Pappano and this is one of her better books.

Blurb:

Two years after losing her husband in Afghanistan, Carly Lowry has rebuilt her life in Tallgrass, Oklahoma. She has a job she loves teaching third grade and the best friends in the world: fellow military wives who understand what it means to love a man in uniform. She's comfortable and content...until she meets a ruggedly handsome stranger who rekindles desires Carly isn't quite sure she's ready to feel.

Staff Sergeant Dane Clark wanted to have a loving family, a twenty-year Army stint, and then a low-key civilian career. But the paratrooper's plans were derailed by a mission gone wrong. Struggling to adjust to his new life, he finds comfort in the wide open spaces of Tallgrass--and in the unexpected attention of sweet, lovely Carly. She is the one person who makes him believe life is worth living. But when Carly discovers he's been hiding the real reason he's come to Tallgrass, will Dane be able to convince her he is the hero she needs?
Also $1.99 at Sony and Kobo for those that prefer epub.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #14
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
free 77 page novella @ Amazon

Daniel and the Angel by Jill Barnett

A classic Jill Barnett Christmas novella of love and laughter. When wealthy financier D. L. Stewart's finds an injured woman in the snow in front of his New York City mansion, he has no idea she is the fair Lillian, a big-hearted and somewhat inept fallen angel, sent back to teach him what Christmas is really about. But Lilli has her work cut out for her. D.L. is a wounded and cynical soul, a man who is an expert at not feeling anything, and who believes he can buy anything and anyone. Can one loving, soft-hearted angel really change this damaged man who has a heart of solid stone? For readers of Julie Garwood and Jude Deveraux.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Free @ Amazon

Deception's Bride by Jane Toombs (Jane Anderson)
Historical Romance (Colonial North America)
Pinnacle 1998
Note: Looks really good!

Rosa's Land: Western Justice
- book 1 by Gilbert Morris
Inspirational Romance
Publisher: Barbour Books (February 1, 2013)
Note: This is written by a guy YMMV but he's been writing inspirational romance for a long time. Think Leigh Greenwood of Inspirational Romance. I have read him before but it's was a very long time ago I can't remember if he was preachy or not.
Closed Thread