Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 07-18-2013, 04:35 AM   #1
Daniel Roziecki
Daniel Roziecki began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Problems with sync by Google Drive because too long path

Hi,

I want synchro my Calibre folder by Google Drive, and I can't because some paths are too long (more than 248 or 260 chars).

As sticky post tell, I can't manually manage Calibre folders' names.

So what can I do?

Regards.
Daniel Roziecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:57 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Google drive is incompatible with calibre libraries. If you put your library in drive, it will almost certainly be destroyed.

See I am getting errors with my calibre library on a networked drive/NAS? and WARNING - Google Drive Incompatible with Calibre!
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #3
SarahAston
SarahAston began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3
Better sol.

I've been hugely impressed with Copy.

They give you 15GB of free space - 20GB if you sign up via this link: https://copy.com?r=9IfWjn - with a further 2GB for linking to your twitter account.

Basically you start with 22GB and have the ability to earn a further 5GB of free space per referral.

The interface is clean, the program works wonderfully, very fast, supports Wifi Sync and AES256 encryption, and they seem to have a client for just about everything (Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android). It's exactly what Dropbox should have been.
SarahAston is offline   Reply With Quote