Notices

Old 11-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
kwsong
Enthusiast
kwsong began at the beginning.

Device: PBR 602
PBR 602 JPG anomalies?

This is a bit strange.

So I have a folder full of jpeg files which I can read fine on my computer.

I transferred it to the PBR 602 just now, and when I try to read those files, a little broken icon shows up. I flip through a whole bunch of these broken files, and some of them DO work fine, and the ones that work, they come out so beautifully.

So I took one of the files that PBR 602 couldn't read, 000.jpg. I just copied this single file onto PBR 602. Sure enough, it couldn't display 000.jpg.

On my computer, I opened the 000.jpg on Preview (I'm using a macbook), then did "Save as" and created a new file 001.jpg. I ended up with a slightly larger file. While PBR 602 couldn't read 000.jpg, it was able to read 001.jpg. Note that both files are perfectly readable on the computer.

...so I don't know what is going on here. Is this a known issue? If so, is there a known solution (aside from me having to do "Save As" for every single JPG file)?
kwsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwsong View Post
This is a bit strange.

So I have a folder full of jpeg files which I can read fine on my computer.

I transferred it to the PBR 602 just now, and when I try to read those files, a little broken icon shows up. I flip through a whole bunch of these broken files, and some of them DO work fine, and the ones that work, they come out so beautifully.

So I took one of the files that PBR 602 couldn't read, 000.jpg. I just copied this single file onto PBR 602. Sure enough, it couldn't display 000.jpg.

On my computer, I opened the 000.jpg on Preview (I'm using a macbook), then did "Save as" and created a new file 001.jpg. I ended up with a slightly larger file. While PBR 602 couldn't read 000.jpg, it was able to read 001.jpg. Note that both files are perfectly readable on the computer.

...so I don't know what is going on here. Is this a known issue? If so, is there a known solution (aside from me having to do "Save As" for every single JPG file)?
Not known yet (so thanks). It's a strange one, though. I guess we have to check those files.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
kwsong
Enthusiast
kwsong began at the beginning.

Device: PBR 602
If you'd like, I can send some you the files that don't work along with the ones that do.
kwsong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jpg, pocketbook 602