Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 01-31-2008, 10:05 AM   #151
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Patricia, there is "Milton's Complete Poems in English" in Harvard Classics #4 and a lot of prose in #3. #4 was one of the first books of verse that I did and it could be done better. I welcome your version. As I remember Bob Russell is a big Milton fan.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:18 AM   #152
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Thanks. Roy White wanted a version with the Gustave Doré illustrations. I've now assembled the stuff and will put it together, probably this weekend.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2008, 08:04 PM   #153
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuguru View Post
Speaking of Indian writers, I'd personally love to see a nice copy of Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda made up, in case any of you fine ebook makers are sitting on your hands. The first edition of it up at Gutenberg with the original pictures. http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/7452

Keep up the good work!
Now uploaded in three formats.
I hope you enjoy it.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:27 PM   #154
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Thanks. Roy White wanted a version with the Gustave Doré illustrations. I've now assembled the stuff and will put it together, probably this weekend.
Sometimes the Doré illustrations were better than the text that surrounded them. I once had a Dover reprint book of just Doré illustrations without any distracting text.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #155
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Dorothy L. Sayers please ! (imp format)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Here's a question for you all.

As you may have noticed, I'm a big fan of detective stories. I've "done" Sherlock Holmes for the Reader, done "Raffles", done "Father Brown". Question is, who else is there to "do" that's out of copyright (at least somewhere in the world)?

I notice that Dorothy L. Sayers died in 1957, which means that her stuff will be eligible for PG Australia next year ("Lord Peter Wimsey" stories). There are a few out-of-copyright Agatha Christies I could tackle too.

Who am I missing? There must be some detective authors who died before 1950 or so, mustn't there? Any thoughts?

All suggestions gratefully received!
i am also a huge fan of detective stories so any you want to do are most welcome, I will see if i can think of any which are not already available here...

i would like to make a special request for Dorothy L. Sayers, she's absolutely brilliant (i have read all of them but only in french, i would love to have the original versions !! only "whose body" is available so far, that i know of), and also Agatha Christie...

If you could make these available in imp format (for the eb1150) that would be brilliant ; if you can't but have the texts available in html or text format, i could format them in imp and post them, just let me know.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #156
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i would like to make a special request for Dorothy L. Sayers, she's absolutely brilliant (i have read all of them but only in french, i would love to have the original versions !! only "whose body" is available so far, that i know of), and also Agatha Christie...
The Sayers stuff doesn't appear to have hit the public domain, so posting them here would be problematic.

Of the Christies, the only ones I've seen are "The Mysterious Affair at Styles" (http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/863) and "Secret Adversary" http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/1155
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:23 AM   #157
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
The Sayers stuff doesn't appear to have hit the public domain, so posting them here would be problematic.
______
Dennis
Sorry, forgot to mention : i saw here that Sayers' works are in public domain now in countries where the copyright law is death+50, so they may become available soon on PG Australia. hoping ! I found the link to copyrightwatch on one of the forums here i can't remember who posted it... [EDIT : pff, i saw it in this very thread, and i quoted the post in my original post... it was HarryT who mentioned it.]

Another request : does anyone have the Maurice Leblanc Arsène Lupin books in French ?? I can only find them in english, and i would rather have the original version... i have several of the paperbacks but scanning them is far too much work for me.

thanks in advance...

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 02-03-2008 at 05:36 PM. Reason: edited because my brain was switched off for a moment.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:30 AM   #158
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
Sorry, forgot to mention : i saw here that Sayers' works are in public domain now in countries where the copyright law is death+50, so they may become available soon on PG Australia. hoping !
Well, we can hope. It will require someone to prepare electronic editions, which is time consuming. I grabbed the Philo Vance stories from PG AU, and I was starting to wonder whether one book in the series ("The Greene Murder Case") was ever going to appear. The Van Dine enthusiast who had been doing them finally finished it, and I have the complete set, but it can take a bit.
______
Dennis
Old 02-03-2008, 10:35 AM   #159
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
HarryT has done the Philo Vance books in LRF and PRC. All that's needed is IMP.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:52 AM   #160
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
HarryT has done the Philo Vance books in LRF and PRC. All that's needed is IMP.
I have them all in Plucker format if anyone can use it.
______
Dennis
Old 02-03-2008, 12:31 PM   #161
zelda_pinwheel

i have just made one Philo Vance book, The Bishop Murder Case, in imp format with the illustrations etc. which you can find here, i can do the rest of them as well no problem since i see i am not the only one who likes SS Van Dine... however it may take me a little while, i am just learning to use the ebook Publisher software (that book was my first ever successful one).
Old 02-03-2008, 05:24 PM   #162
Patricia
Reader

I've already uploaded Dorothy L Sayers's 'Whose Body', which is available at PG Australia. It's her earliest novel and was the only one available.

I'd love to see some more. If anyone finds a legal source then point me to it and I will convert it.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #163
zelda_pinwheel

is there any way of making a request to PG Australia ? or maybe just to let them know we're interested ? i have no idea how they choose which books to do but maybe they're interested to know what the reading public likes... or what we are eagerly awaiting...
Old 02-03-2008, 05:50 PM   #164
RWood
Technogeezer

The gentleman who runs PG Australia has been very responsive in the past. (The exact case was the posting of Doc Savage titles that he believed to be in the public domain but were in fact not. He removed them within a day of confirming that they were still in copyright.) Like all boards, he is limited by the available time the volunteers contribute. Perhaps you can make the suggestion to them.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:23 PM   #165
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The Sayer works weren't hosted at PG Australia. Her work is not yet out of copyright in Australia. A few years back Australia switched from a death+50 to death+70. The new rule applies to deaths after 1954.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote