Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
benjaminbob
benjaminbob began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Touch Pro (MS Reader + Mobipocket)
Smile Noobie Help From UK

Hi,

I'm writing from sunny (?) England. I have been reading eBooks for about 8 years now (vast majority of that time on MS Reader via my various pocket pcs, plus recently started using mobipocket too.

I have been toying for a while setting up a shop for some niche market books, getting the publishers to allow me to convert their books and start selling them for the publishers.

However, as a pretty much non-geek, I really know nothing about the software required. Having done loads of reading on the subject, I've seen plenty of software packages that allow me to convert various files into various other files, but my biggest requirement is the DRM side of things - to satisfy publishers that the sold books won't be copied (or at least reduced risk of it).

Anyone know of any software I can get that will allow me to convert content from a publisher into all the various formats required to be able to sell to whoever has whatever device they have?

I hope you guys can help and look forward to many months of posting here as I progress with my idea.

Thanks

BenjaminBob
benjaminbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:25 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Bob and welcome to MobileRead. Other members should log on shortly with answers to your questions.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, BenjaminBob!

I can't answer your question but I will suggest that you repost it in the Workshop forum. That way, it will get more exposure to people who are actively doing conversions and creating ebooks. Good luck and Happy Reading.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convert, create, drm, format, software