Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #286
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Curious about the delay to sleep

I was thinking about the delay that the kobo devices currently have implemented with this current firmware release. And have noticed that it does take some time to sleep regardless if its a push of a button or the closing of the sleep cover. I was wondering if this was possibly due to the implementation of the auto sync features that were also released with the 2.10.0 firmware release. At any rate, I find that the slowness to sleep could be a problematic issue with users who may store the device in the bottom of a purse or bag.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #287
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Anyone know how long it takes for everyone to get the update? I am still not seeing it.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #288
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhe View Post
Haven't had time to go through all 18 pages of this discussion, but I've read a fair chunk, and -- is anyone else having the following problem with 2.10.0?

I find that my sideloaded epubs tend to return to some relatively small default size at certain transitions in the text, such as chapter breaks. I can increase the size, but it happens again when I hit the next chapter, etc. This happens with both sideloaded fonts like Droid Serif and native fonts such as Georgia. I never had this problem before 2.10.0.

It's annoying to have to fiddle with the font size every time I finish a chapter. Does anyone have a fix for this, or at least a workaround? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
I have been experiencing the same thing (except the font size increases instead of decreases) at every chapter break. I finally switched the font from Georgia to Default Font and have read two chapters without the font changing size, but two chapters isn't really enough to tell if the problem is gone. Very annoying.
I have just encountered this in a book. My font size increases to the chapter header size. Not only in this chapter but it seems in the entire book.

I went through 3 successive chapters and it changed the font size every time. Then I used the TOC to go back and I can't seem to make it do that any more. I have been trying for 1/2 an hour and the font stays correct. Most peculiar.

Oddly enough when the font size changed the font slider stayed the same.

I was wrong before it seems to be a whole new bug or feature.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #289
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
Anyone know how long it takes for everyone to get the update? I am still not seeing it.
I usually see it about a month after someone firsts posts about it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #290
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
If you are in a hurry you can just download it from the developers page and install it with no issues. Its the quickest way to do it and bottom line is you get it and no more wondering.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #291
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
What country are you in?
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #292
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
My Kobo Glo, here in Peru, just updated to version 2.10.0.

I do two syncs a day in hopes of getting the current version. This morning was a no-go.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #293
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Just got the update in the US (sooner than I expected).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #294
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
I was thinking about the delay that the kobo devices currently have implemented with this current firmware release. And have noticed that it does take some time to sleep regardless if its a push of a button or the closing of the sleep cover. I was wondering if this was possibly due to the implementation of the auto sync features that were also released with the 2.10.0 firmware release. At any rate, I find that the slowness to sleep could be a problematic issue with users who may store the device in the bottom of a purse or bag.

regards

Jack
Fortunately I discovered something today to make me not care about the delay. Originally the delay really bugged me because half the time I put it to sleep it is because I am going to be holding the Aura in a way not for reading but for carrying, meaning I'll be touching the screen with the palm of my hand. Today I discovered by testing it out that the delay is just a delay in the screen image changing. The device stops registering touches as soon as I slide the power button. Meaning it actually goes to sleep immediately, it just doesn't look like it

edit: at least on the Aura...
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #295
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightyume View Post
Fortunately I discovered something today to make me not care about the delay. Originally the delay really bugged me because half the time I put it to sleep it is because I am going to be holding the Aura in a way not for reading but for carrying, meaning I'll be touching the screen with the palm of my hand. Today I discovered by testing it out that the delay is just a delay in the screen image changing. The device stops registering touches as soon as I slide the power button. Meaning it actually goes to sleep immediately, it just doesn't look like it

edit: at least on the Aura...
Same for the Aura HD however I would still love to know just what the firmware is doing during that delay. What I was more worried about was the old bug where touching the screen would cause the ereader to never finish going to sleep being resurrected. Leaving an object on the screen while putting it to sleep does not seem to affect the battery life in a limited test sample of 1 unit.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #296
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhe View Post
Thanks, robko. That's good to know, because after a factory reset, that's the only one of the three behaviors I reported that persisted.

I'm happy to report that doing a factory reset solves (1) the problem with font size changes at chapter breaks, and (2) the inability to turn off page numbers in the margins -- at least for me, for now.

Thanks, everyone. HTH.
I did a factory reset today, but the problem with reappearing page numbers in the margin persists.

So far, the font has remained the same size, but I only read two chapters today, so we shall see...
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #297
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
There is a change to the way the swipe motion works: in fw 2.10.0 the swipe doesn't register until I lift my finger at the end of the swipe; with previous fw the swipe registered as soon as I had moved my finger about 10mm through the swipe.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:53 AM   #298
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Just got the update in the US (sooner than I expected).
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
My Kobo Glo, here in Peru, just updated to version 2.10.0.

I do two syncs a day in hopes of getting the current version. This morning was a no-go.

Don
I've only been trying maybe once every other day and even though I had tried this morning with no luck I gave it another try tonight and there it was on both the HD and the Aura, yayyy!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:55 AM   #299
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
Is the original Kobo Touch supposed to get this update?
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:02 AM   #300
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
No. 2.10.0 is only being rolled out to the Glo, Aura HD and Aura.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote