Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #46
Smenk
Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
This custom column seems to work for adding a book to either a Reading or Finished shelf based on the pct read.

Code:
Lookup name:    readstatus
Column Heading: Reading Status
Column Type:    Column built from other columns
Template:       {#koboreadpct:'cmp($, 100, cmp($, 0, '', '', 'Reading'), 'Finished', '')'}
with of course the corresponding change to add #readstatus to the list of fields used for shelving in either the Kobo or ExtendedKobo drivers. (I tend to update them both even though the Extended driver is normally disabled on my system).

In effect this is saying if the Pct Read is 100, the book is Finished, else if it's greater than 0, then the status is Reading.

I was wondering if it's possible to have a Unread, Reading and Finished shelf?
Smenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #47
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Answer is yes, and I will play with it when I am fully awake
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #48
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Many thanks to davidfor for the plugin and getting it working on kepubized books and also to PeterT for the idea of using it to create "Reading" and "Finished" shelves on the Kobo.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #49
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I need to do a little more testing but while I can now get the reading position of .kepubs made through jgougen's plugin, I can't seem to change the status of those same books to "Finished."
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #50
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloseven View Post
I need to do a little more testing but while I can now get the reading position of .kepubs made through jgougen's plugin, I can't seem to change the status of those same books to "Finished."
That wouldn't have surprised me, as I realised when I saw you post that I hadn't actually tested this. But, a quick test on three books using the three possible methods worked. The methods are:

- Set the percent read column to 100 and use the store/restore option
- Use update metadata from the library list and set to finished
- Use the change reading status from the device list.

All three worked. And the book that was on the home screen, showed it as finished. I wasn't expecting that, but it confirms my theories on the tiles.

There might still be something going on, but I need to know which method you are using to mark them as finished.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #51
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
Hi there!

First of all thank you for this great plug-in.

I have a big big problem, every time i use any of the functions of the plug-in Calibre crashes. Tried installing the version in the first post, and now the 1.0.1 Beta (which is even worse, because it crashes also selecting the simple Help, or About Plug-in).

My configuration is:
Calibre: 0.9.34
Kobo Glo with 2.6.1 firmware

Attached a txt containing the entire crash report
I have just finished installing calibre 0.9.34 and the plugin on a Mac at work. This is running OSX 10.8.3. I have gone through most of the options in the plugin with no problems.

I don't know what to suggest. The only thing I can think of is a resource conflict of some sort. But, my Mac knowledge is tiny. I have almost exhausted it while doing the above.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #52
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@davidfor: Make sure you are keeping explicit references to all the items you put in your plugin menu, otherwise python garbage collects them and the Qt crashes, on OS X. This gets done for you automatically is you use the self.create_menu_action() function. Also you can usually get a fairly helpful log showing where crash happened with the Apple crash reporter tool.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #53
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smenk View Post
I was wondering if it's possible to have a Unread, Reading and Finished shelf?
What seems to work is the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Code:
Lookup name:    readstatus
Column Type:    Column built from other columns
Template:       {#koboreadpct:'cmp($, 100, cmp($, 0, '', 'Unread', 'Reading'), 'Finished', '')'}
The only possible issue is that Unread gets set for all books that have nothing in the Read Percentage column.

The change was just to change the third parameter of the first cmp statement from '' to 'Unread'.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:27 AM   #54
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I'm lost...

I would like to have (at least) a "Finished" shelf as illustrated in PeterT's example in this thread. I've installed the plugin (thank you) but I cannot find specific directions in the help file for people like me who know nothing about code or programming in general.

1. Do I understand correctly that I must create four custom columns (Current Reading Location, Percent Read, Rating, Last Read Timestamp) for a single "Finished" shelf?

2. When creating custom columns, what is a Lookup name, which do I need and where do I find them?

3. Which column type do I need for each of these?

4. Where do I find the template for each of these?

I can simply copy from PeterT's post for the "finished" shelf example but I am clueless to what it all means and I still do not know what to do with the other required columns. I have one existing "Rating" column but I honestly do not remember how in the world I created it. I must have copied it from someone's instructions. <sigh> Any assistance would be most appreciated.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:32 AM   #55
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@davidfor: Make sure you are keeping explicit references to all the items you put in your plugin menu, otherwise python garbage collects them and the Qt crashes, on OS X. This gets done for you automatically is you use the self.create_menu_action() function. Also you can usually get a fairly helpful log showing where crash happened with the Apple crash reporter tool.
Good point. I remember seeing something about that, but didn't pay attention at the time. My menu handling is a straight rip from kiwidudes code. But, I took it some time ago, so I'll have a look at any changes he has made.

I just checked and I added a help menu item just before release and a reference to that isn't kept.

Actually, I don't see where in InterfaceAction.create_menu_action() the reference is saved. It returns a reference which I have been keeping. Except for that one new one.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #56
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

The columns are used to store info. retrieved from the Kobo (and to let you restore it to the Kobo as well).

I created 4 custom columns for use by david's utility plugin:
Spoiler:
Code:
Lookup Name: koboreadpct
Column Heading: Kobo Read Percentage
Column Type: Integers

Lookup Name: koborating
Column Heading: Kobo Rating
Column Type: Integers

Lookup Name: kobolastread
Column Heading: Kobo Last Read TimeStamp
Column Type: Date

Lookup Name: koboreadloc
Column Heading: Kobo Reading Location
Column Type: Text, column shown in tag browser

I created my "custom" column
Spoiler:
Code:
Lookup Name: readstatus
Column Type: Column, built from other columns
Template: {#koboreadpct:'cmp($, 100, cmp($, 0, '', '', 'Reading'), 'Finished', '')'}
Sort/Search column by Text

I then restarted calibre (required after column changes) and configured the driver
Spoiler:
Code:
Current Reading Location Column: #koboreadloc
Percent Read Column: #koboreadpct
Rating Column: #koborating
Last Read Column: #kobolastread

Strictly speaking I'm ONLY using the value of #koboreadpct so don't really need any of the other columns.

Finally I added the value #readstatus to the shelf value in the Kobo device driver (or the Kobo Extended device driver).

One final restart of calibre for safety and all is done.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:46 AM   #57
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Actually, I don't see where in InterfaceAction.create_menu_action() the reference is saved. It returns a reference which I have been keeping. Except for that one new one.
The reference is kept only if you specify a shortcut.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:16 AM   #58
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The reference is kept only if you specify a shortcut.
I suspected that but didn't go into that function. I haven't set any shortcuts. I left that to the user to set. Most are listed in the keyboard shortcuts for setting. It is probably the items I deliberately excluded from that which are causing the trouble.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:26 AM   #59
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Safest to explicitly keep the reference yourself, that way you can be sure it wont be GCed
Old 06-13-2013, 02:28 AM   #60
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have just finished installing calibre 0.9.34 and the plugin on a Mac at work. This is running OSX 10.8.3. I have gone through most of the options in the plugin with no problems.

I don't know what to suggest. The only thing I can think of is a resource conflict of some sort. But, my Mac knowledge is tiny. I have almost exhausted it while doing the above.
With Kovid's helpful hints, I should have this fixed. I have attached an updated beta version for anyone with Mac to try. The other changes are on the Dismiss Tiles dialog. I corrected a checkbox label and added tooltips.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-1.1.0-beta2.zip (97.2 KB, 741 views)

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities