Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #1
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Zippered Slip Cover but with rigid front !

So I've got my Simple Touch, now I want a zippered slip cover.

But I want one with a rigid front, by that I mean with a piece of rigid plastic (?) inserted between the outer and inner layers of the cloth to protect the screen.

This seems to me to be an obvious design plus feature.

All the slip covers I've seen have soft cloth fronts, and I don't want a book style case.

Basically a slip cover like BN's "Neoprene" but with a rigid front is what I'm after.

Anyone seen such a thing on sale ?
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Dura Gadget

Book Armor also makes a high-protection case, but it's designed for you to read with the Nook in place. You could always take it out, though.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Dura Gadget

Book Armor also makes a high-protection case, but it's designed for you to read with the Nook in place. You could always take it out, though.
Thanks for that I check them out....

Last edited by mXb; 06-28-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #4
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
For a cheap DIY: You could get a cheap plastic folder and cut out a piece in the shape of your Nook and glue on a bit of fleece to make it soft. Then you could slip it into any cover you want.

Penny
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #5
mXb
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystika1 View Post
For a cheap DIY: You could get a cheap plastic folder and cut out a piece in the shape of your Nook and glue on a bit of fleece to make it soft. Then you could slip it into any cover you want.

Penny
Yes I was considering such a DIY job on Nook's slip cover. I believe they have separate inner and outer cloth layers, so I wanted to see one in a store to check if the 2 layers could be separated enough for me to insert such a piece of plastic.

Unfortunately with the low sale price of the Simple Touch in the UK, all these readers and accessories are selling like hot cakes and I couldn't find anywhere that had any left.....I just managed to get the last International Adapter in my area by hanging around the store until they opened !

Thanks for your suggestion anyway.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #6
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
My DIY cover:

2 soft neoprene covers
One box

The neoprene covers were bought in Japan years ago at the equivalent of a 99 cent store. They also happened to be the size of my ST. I had used them previously for cameras, batteries, etc.

They are soft and thin neoprene. So I bagged my ST in one cover and then double-bagged with another. There was a still a chance something could pierce the covers and ruin screen. So found a sturdy cardboard box and cut out a side the size of the ST. I placed the box board inbetween the two covers. Voila, soft carrying case for the Nook and a rigid board to protect the screen.

Totally not a cool Nook cover but it serves its purpose and I recycled some stuff around home. I also didn't want a book type cover because I also have a DIY contraption on my Nook that allows me to hold it with one hand securely but without a death grip.
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:17 PM   #7
charles_cinci
Enthusiast
charles_cinci began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Not what you're asking for...

But of the cases I have for my 1st Gen Nook, Nook Color, Nook ST, Nook HD+...

I love the Speck I have on my ST best..
http://www.amazon.com/Speck-Products...xp_grid_pt_1_1

I picked mine up at Target....

Charles
charles_cinci is offline   Reply With Quote