Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-09-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Retractable USB recharger

I love to read and I love to travel (light, 25 lbs or less). This was my primary motivation, (excuse?), for buying an ebook reader. However, I still need to recharge the reader when I'm on the road.

Therein lies my problem. I already carry a worldwide adapter, (includes USB), with surge protection. I don't want to carry a Brick adapter and the USB to 5-mini adapter provided with my PRS-505 is too large. I'm looking for the smallest footprint possible.

I remember reading, (on this forum?), that standard USB to mini-5 adapters don't work with the Sony. Only the round adapters work. Unfortunately I can't find the original post.

Ideally, I'm looking for a USB to Sony (mini-5 or round) adapter that is as small as possible. Can you help me out?

Thanks!
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:22 AM   #2
Tracey
Connoisseur
Tracey is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi, i think this article may help;

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ctable+charger

Kind regards,

Tracey
Tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey View Post
Hi, i think this article may help;

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ctable+charger

Kind regards,

Tracey

That's the thread I was looking for.

Thanks!

Angst is offline   Reply With Quote