Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
hiitsmescott
hiitsmescott began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Problem splitting a calibre library...

I had all our ebooks (both kids books and wife's romance novels) in one calibre library and my wife would move requested books onto the kindle she shared with the kids. This Christmas I'm getting the kids their own Kindle and I want the kids books to be in a separate kindle library on a separate computer.

I started the process by listing the children's authors then closing out the calibre program. I created a folder called calibre library 2, then cut & pasted the children's authors from the calibre library folder into the calibre library 2 folder with the intention of moving the calibre library 2 folder to the separate computer.

Now, my problem is that these authors/books are still listed in the old calibre library even though I've removed them from the actual calibre library folder. Is there a way to do a "cleanup" on the old calibre library so that these missing books will be automatically removed from the listing or do I have to manually delete each one?

Thanks an epic ton in advance.
hiitsmescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
The check library function should do it
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2012, 01:09 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiitsmescott View Post
I had all our ebooks (both kids books and wife's romance novels) in one calibre library and my wife would move requested books onto the kindle she shared with the kids. This Christmas I'm getting the kids their own Kindle and I want the kids books to be in a separate kindle library on a separate computer.

I started the process by listing the children's authors then closing out the calibre program. I created a folder called calibre library 2, then cut & pasted the children's authors from the calibre library folder into the calibre library 2 folder with the intention of moving the calibre library 2 folder to the separate computer.

Now, my problem is that these authors/books are still listed in the old calibre library even though I've removed them from the actual calibre library folder. Is there a way to do a "cleanup" on the old calibre library so that these missing books will be automatically removed from the listing or do I have to manually delete each one?

Thanks an epic ton in advance.
You did it the hard (and wrong) way

Step 1: Switch/Create-Create (Kids) tick the use structure
step 2: switch back to yous
Select books by any means (tag,Authors...): Right click: Copy to Library (Delete)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:18 AM   #4
hiitsmescott
hiitsmescott began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Easier library splitting

Ok, reversed my progress and did it the way you mentioned instead. Much, much easier.

Thanks.
hiitsmescott is offline   Reply With Quote