Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
mikevarela
mikevarela began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK Color
Nook Color - PDF --> EPUB

Wanted to say thanks for the software, it's obviously a labor of love.

I wanted to throw out a question to the forums concerning best practices of converting PDF's to EPUB for the Nook Color. I mostly read programming books and the occasional fiction and while I've had success with conversion, the formatting seems to be lacking similarity to the original source. I know this is bound to happen in some cases, but was hoping others might have found ways to minimize this. I convert to EPUB so that I can open these PDF's in the book viewer instead of the Quick Office viewer which to me is a superior way to read.

I'm familiar with the 'Look & Feel' -> 'remove spacing between paragraphs', and have been using it so far.

Thanks in advance for the replys.

Mike
mikevarela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Well, PDF is a non-reflowable format, and ePub is a reflowable one, so of course you can expect to have drastic differences in the "page" layout you see on your device depending on things like margins, font size and the like. From what I know, Calibre tries hard to preserve other formatting (font attributes and the like). An example or a more precise explanation of what you're seeing vs. what you'd like to see would perhaps help.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert