Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
Samip
Samip began at the beginning.

Device: none
looking for an ereader without wifi

So I'm in college and to save money I bought some ebooks instead of physical copies. Problem is in one of my classes our tests are open book and we aren't allowed to use devices that can connect to the internet. Anything cheap to do the trick?

Thanks!
Samip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #2
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I can't think of any device made today, whether it's an eink reader, an Android tablet, an iPod Touch, etc, that doesn't have at least WiFi capabilities. These days, any device without at least WiFi just wouldn't sell.

The last device I had that didn't have WiFi was my Palm III. But that wouldn't open any modern files such as epub.

If you find something, let's us know. I'd be curious to see something without WiFi. Why don't you ask your teacher what is acceptable to use?
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Samip, the Ectaco jetBook Lite and jetBook are still available and are on sale. No WiFi. They read many formats. Not many people here have one, but most of those who do love them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA1CU0CT9361

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA1CU0BZ7802
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote