Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 04:51 AM   #1
kindleren
kindleren began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Problem with the Table of Contents of the mobi file

I have a problem with the Table of Contents of the mobi file.
I use the CLI "ebook-convert a.html a.mobi --level1-toc //h:title" to convert html file to mobi file,but when I click on the middle button of the navigation key on my kindle,there is no table of contents on my kindle screen,I just can find the table of contents in the end of the mobi file.
The table of contents shoud appear on my kindle screen when I click on the middle button of the navigation key,but it does't work.
Who can throw some light on it?
What should I do ?
kindleren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #2
Whackatagin
Tweaker
Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle / KOBO / PC
Bought *.anz, or home made/sepreately aquired mobi?

I can answer your question, but the two are mutually exclusive....

If you bought it, complain.
If you made it, it is a common conversion error, which can be sorted.
Whackatagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
kindleren

Anyone in here?who can help me?I think there are some other CLI to make it well. But,what is it?
Old 02-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I'm not sure, but h:title looks like it only selects the title which would not produce much of a TOC.

You could try selecting the default "auto" TOC:
Code:
ebook-convert a.html a.mobi
or
Code:
ebook-convert a.html a.mobi --use-auto-toc
What I typically use is:
Code:
ebook-convert a.html .mobi --output-profile kindle --chapter "//*[name()='h1' or name()='h2' or name()='h3']"
If you get multiple identical TOC entries with this version, replace //*
Code:
ebook-convert a.html .mobi --output-profile kindle --chapter "//h:p[name()='h1' or name()='h2' or name()='h3']"
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
kindleren

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I'm not sure, but h:title looks like it only selects the title which would not produce much of a TOC.

You could try selecting the default "auto" TOC:
Code:
ebook-convert a.html a.mobi
or
Code:
ebook-convert a.html a.mobi --use-auto-toc
What I typically use is:
Code:
ebook-convert a.html .mobi --output-profile kindle --chapter "//*[name()='h1' or name()='h2' or name()='h3']"
If you get multiple identical TOC entries with this version, replace //*
Code:
ebook-convert a.html .mobi --output-profile kindle --chapter "//h:p[name()='h1' or name()='h2' or name()='h3']"
Think you for your reply.I have try it ,but it still doesn't work.
That's really a difficult problem.
Advert
Old 03-03-2012, 07:11 AM   #6
vangop
vangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-books

Device: kindle
I've never been able to generate the "mid-button" click toc (it is called list of all articles, I believe).
As described in calibre manual, the mobi toc is the one added to the end of the book. And you open it by menu->go to->table of contents
vangop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:12 AM   #7
kindleren

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangop View Post
I've never been able to generate the "mid-button" click toc (it is called list of all articles, I believe).
As described in calibre manual, the mobi toc is the one added to the end of the book. And you open it by menu->go to->table of contents
OMG!That's so awkward.And how to set the "list of all articles" by CLI?
Old 03-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #8
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
There was a detailed post some time ago which discussed TOC in mobi books. Here's a link.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote