Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-13-2010, 03:40 AM   #46
kiwikobo
Enthusiast
kiwikobo doesn't litterkiwikobo doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
Great. Only problem is that the new font is very bold and very large. It does scale, but the smallest size is uncomfortably large to view. However, running the software again but unticking "justify" and "install new fonts" doesn't uninstall the fonts.

Just a small point.

By the way, is the "justify" option supposed to justify both sides, because it doesn't appear to?

Charles
kiwikobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:28 PM   #47
thekidintheclock
thekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipse

working on a version for osx.

it's at KoboBulkFixer.dmg
thekidintheclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:59 PM   #48
BBel
Enthusiast
BBel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (white cos I like it better!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidintheclock View Post
working on a version for osx.

it's at KoboBulkFixer.dmg
Will give it a try tonight when I get home to my mac - just double checking, epubs will need to have the DRM stripped correct?
BBel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #49
techie42
Zealot
techie42 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: KOBO and iPad
Wow epub fixer is nice!

Okay I gave the epub fixers a try and I have to say that it works very nicely. This is a much better solution that deleting or edititing the style sheet files by hand.

Thank you very much for these apps!
techie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:00 AM   #50
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
Thank you very much for adding the "international font" option !!! This will make my life so much easier !!!
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #51
tatuk
tatuk doesn't littertatuk doesn't littertatuk doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-700
My windows 7 complains about comdlg.ocx
Any thought?
tatuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:24 AM   #52
JBlyth
Connoisseur
JBlyth doesn't litterJBlyth doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch, Ipaq 214, HTC WildFire Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatuk View Post
My windows 7 complains about comdlg.ocx
Any thought?
Hi Tatuk,

Your solution is here, a page or two further back in this thread - it worked for me....

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=32

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia
JBlyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:41 AM   #53
aarion81
aarion81 began at the beginning.

Downloaded this and gave it a try on a few books that I backed up beforehand. Seemed to work fine. I then proceeded to try and fix my entire library, and the program seemed to break...I now get this message anytime I try and use the program: "70 Error unzipping: permission denied". Does anyone know what this means, and how to fix it? Uninstalling and reinstalling the program doesn't have any effect.
aarion81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:13 AM   #54
Vardd
Vardd began at the beginning.

Thx, it works pefectly for the few books i gave a try.
Used in W7.
Vardd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #55
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
Error when fixing several books

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarion81 View Post
Downloaded this and gave it a try on a few books that I backed up beforehand. Seemed to work fine. I then proceeded to try and fix my entire library, and the program seemed to break...I now get this message anytime I try and use the program: "70 Error unzipping: permission denied". Does anyone know what this means, and how to fix it? Uninstalling and reinstalling the program doesn't have any effect.
Same problem here
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #56
thekidintheclock
thekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipse

aarion81 wrote me privately to say that the "permission denied" happens when he tried to fix a book twice - does that help?
thekidintheclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:50 PM   #57
Merrillie
Merrillie began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Thanks heaps thekidintheclock. Worked brilliantly and I spent hours trying to find a setting in Calibre to solve the font issue with the epub's I was uploading to my Kobo reader.
I also had the comdlg.ocx error when installing the fix on XP but just followed the solution at http://devonenote.com/2010/02/regist...x-on-x64-win7/

Very grateful :-)
Merrillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #58
Katdragon
Connoisseur
Katdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (currently out of commission), Kindle 3
ARGH! Got the comdlg.oxc message and went to the page specified. I followed the instructions and got:

The module "c:\Windows\SysWOW64\comdlg32.ocx" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002810c.

I'm running Windows 7 so I extracted the comdlg32.oxc into the SysWOW64 folder and ran the regsvr32 c:\Windows\SysWOW64\comdlg32.ocx command.

Goggle came up negative with the error code.

Any thoughts? I want to read my books!
Katdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #59
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

hmmm....

Kat, Did you open an elevated command prompt? (right click and 'Run as Administrator')?
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #60
redadept13
avid reader
redadept13 began at the beginning.

In using the Kobo Bulk Fixer, I get Error 70 and it halts the batch operation. Is there a way to determine which file is causing the issue? The files don't have DRM and I'm running as administrator.

I went back and unchecked the top box and re-tried the batch, again getting the error. I repeated this a few times as well. Unfortunately, I can't get the program to work on any .epub.
redadept13 is offline   Reply With Quote