Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-29-2007, 10:42 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Libre LRF not 100% forward compatible?

When I went to download the book Someone Comes to Town, Someone Leaves Town by Cory Doctorow, I noticed that one of the available formats was LRF for the Libre. I downloaded it and tried to view it using Ebook Library and then lrfviewer. Neither worked. So my theory is that you can generate LRF for the LIbre that is not compatible with the 500/505.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:27 AM   #2
godel10
Connoisseur
godel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't litter

Device: Sony Librie, Irex DR1000S
I guess you are talking about this file

The problem is with the file itself because its size is 24 KB so it cannot be the book.

I have tried with my Librie and of course it is not working there.
godel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2007, 05:05 AM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
The file is incomplete. Probably the upload went wrong.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:46 AM   #4
Trenien
Groupie
Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Librie, eReader, Kobo Glo
Actually, as crazy as it seems, the lrf files are backward compatible!

I think it's something to do with usable screen real estate:
- You can use 100% of the screen of the Librie.
- The reader uses the bottom with a fix 'toolbar'

I have access to both, and I was surprise to see that whereas I can use LRFs formated for the Reader with no problem on the Librie, the reverse shoots the page formatting to hell - although the Reader CAN open Librie formatted LRFs.
Trenien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:50 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenien View Post
Actually, as crazy as it seems, the lrf files are backward compatible!

I think it's something to do with usable screen real estate:
- You can use 100% of the screen of the Librie.
- The reader uses the bottom with a fix 'toolbar'

I have access to both, and I was surprise to see that whereas I can use LRFs formated for the Reader with no problem on the Librie, the reverse shoots the page formatting to hell - although the Reader CAN open Librie formatted LRFs.
Interesting. Is there a way to force reformating of the page? The unit is capable of formatting the page if it is not pre-formatted for that particular font. Perhaps you can pull the LRF into Book Designer or convert it and pulll it in and then resave it as LRF to force the reformatting.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2007, 01:56 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Perhaps you can pull the LRF into Book Designer or convert it and pulll it in and then resave it as LRF to force the reformatting.
Unless something has changed without my noticing (always a possibility) there's only one thing that can pull the contents out of an LRF, and the Amber LRF Converter doesn't work very well (it drops most formatting).
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:43 AM   #7
Trenien
Groupie
Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Librie, eReader, Kobo Glo
I wasn't even aware there existed an app to pull content out of an lrf.
Trenien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:14 AM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Unless something has changed without my noticing (always a possibility) there's only one thing that can pull the contents out of an LRF, and the Amber LRF Converter doesn't work very well (it drops most formatting).
There is also LRF2LRS but then you have a problem in finding an LRS reader but doable I think.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenien View Post
I wasn't even aware there existed an app to pull content out of an lrf.
Just the one that goes to actual text (no disrespect to LRF2LRS intended ), you can find it here if you're interested.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:46 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Don't use any of the ABC Amber nonsense. They are really bad news. If there is a way to do it wrong, ABC Amber does it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote