Notices

Old 06-20-2006, 02:04 AM   #1
PostGrant
Enthusiast
PostGrant began at the beginning.

Device: eBookWise, Dell Axim X5
Exclamation Blackmask Online dying?

Quote:
At any rate, I hope as much as anyone that Blackmask will be back soon, and that the court case will go favorably for Moynihan. After all, rooting for the underdog is the national pastime. But on the other hand, Condé Nast does legally own those copyrights, regardless of whether or not they choose to make what we would consider the best use of them. Their legal position is very solid, and they have a lot of money. I hope I'm wrong, but as far as I can see Moynihan still has about a snowball's chance.
Blackmask is in court, which stinks. They provided tons of cool (though, some apparently legally questionable, but from what I understand they were merely dimestore pulp novels) books in popular formats - HTML, txt, EB1150, iSilo, etc.

See: Writing On Your Palm (no direct link, scroll down)

Last edited by PostGrant; 06-20-2006 at 02:23 AM.
PostGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:42 PM   #2
reb1
reb1 began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
blackmask needs help

As I understand it the court case is over. As I understand it the material that they claim is under copy write has been ordered removed. The problem that still exists is allowing the owner to access the server and remove the material. The opposition has entered a lengthy letter to the judge claiming that they are not against allowing the web site to operate if the material is removed.
The main subject of the letter is to deny this under the basis that the owner will some how use smoke and mirrors to still display the material on the web. It is up to a Judge at this point.

I would like more info on this. I would like enough info so I can contact others and start a petition toward getting the site back up with public opinion. There are thousands of ebooks on that web site that are more important than one publishers idea of justice. I think revenge is very childish. I see other purpose than what is right or wrong. I believe they are opening the door to remove all free ebooks from the web. It has to do with money not the law at this point.
reb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert