Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 03-15-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Forum Navigation Menu

This is probably a question for Alexander:

First of all, thank you for all the hard work in maintaining this forum.
Second, is it possible to add the forum navigation menu at the bottom of each thread (in addition to the way it is setup now at the top)?
Every time I read a thread till the end and want to go back to the forum, I have to scroll all the way back to the top for the menu. It's not that hard , takes only a few second, but for long threads it is inconvenient.
Some other forums that I frequent have this feature, so I thought: why not here? If it is not possible/takes a long time to implement - don't bother. but if not, why not?

And to all my fellow boarders: Would you find such a feature useful? a bit? not at all?
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
This is probably a question for Alexander:

First of all, thank you for all the hard work in maintaining this forum.
Second, is it possible to add the forum navigation menu at the bottom of each thread (in addition to the way it is setup now at the top)?
Every time I read a thread till the end and want to go back to the forum, I have to scroll all the way back to the top for the menu. It's not that hard , takes only a few second, but for long threads it is inconvenient.
Some other forums that I frequent have this feature, so I thought: why not here? If it is not possible/takes a long time to implement - don't bother. but if not, why not?

And to all my fellow boarders: Would you find such a feature useful? a bit? not at all?
I am missing this. This lack has made me switch to reading the forum using search. I put a button in the toolbar for searching for new postings and I press this every time I need a new thread. This works surpisingly well since search is so fast in this forum.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The backspace key will do this.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:12 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
Dave, could you PM me a link to one of those forums?

Two reasons why I kinda hesitate to duplicate the forum navigation: 1) it would require some CSS redo because the navigation involves CSS IDs which must be unique on a page; and 2) it would increase the raw size of the total page.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:35 AM   #5
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
@Alexander: Thanks!!!

@To all:
There is now a forum jump feature at the end of each thread.
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2008, 10:48 AM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The backspace key will do this.
Not quite. backspace is like the back button on the browser. It does no refresh the source file, only the screen.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:55 AM   #7
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
The Home key does bounce you back to the top of the current page, but I too would find having the menubar at the bottom of the page very convenient, if it's not too much trouble.

Overall, I have to say the navigation here at MR is much better than most of the other forum sites I visit, though.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:34 PM   #8
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
Actually, what I'd find more useful is compressing the content at the bottom of the page so that the "end" key shows me some actual content rather than just cruft. I see the "quick answer" box, but could live without "posting rules", "similar thread" and the bottom menu. Or at least pack them in a bit more so they take less space. Maybe that's just me?
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:27 AM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
moz, I fully agree. The posting rules are kinda redundant since MobileRead doesn't apply different rules to different forum sections. That said, they are now gone.

Removing Similar Threads I dunno... I thought they could be useful to some people.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #10
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I kind of like Similar Threads.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote