Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Use with Windows Mobile Devices?

We have multiple Windows Mobile devices - a couple of IPAQs and a smartphone. They all connect through Activesync and appear as a "Mobile Device" in Explorer. They all have SD cards and we can run various readers for various formats. The devices don't appear in Explorer as a drive letter. Currently, I pull out the SD card, put it into a card reader, which makes a drive letter appear and "save to disk."

However, I'm wondering if I can go directly through Activesync in some way? Explorer lets me browse to the SD card by clicking on Mobile Device, but I don't see any way to do a save to disk to the Mobile Device, nor does the device appear to Calibre as an eReader.

Any hints on how to send ebooks directly to a Windows Mobile type device when connected via Activesync?

Thanks!
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You device has to appear as a disk to use it with calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 07:54 AM   #3
mediax
Readaholic
mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 (previously 505 and 650)
Just a thought - can you map the device as a drive (using Tools, Map Network Drive in Explorer)?
mediax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Win Mobile devices on ActiveSync seem to resist access as a disk/device on PC when it comes to saving files. I've always had to save the file to the PC, then do a copy and paste (or transfer within an app like MobiPocket Reader) to get it into the device... or remove the storage card, plug it into a PC-connected card reader that allows it to be a seen on PC as a disk, and save to that.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:07 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Win Mobile devices on ActiveSync seem to resist access as a disk/device on PC when it comes to saving files. I've always had to save the file to the PC, then do a copy and paste (or transfer within an app like MobiPocket Reader) to get it into the device... or remove the storage card, plug it into a PC-connected card reader that allows it to be a seen on PC as a disk, and save to that.
Yes, that's what I've been doing, too. However, on my wife's newest WinMo 6.5 device (HTC HD2) I found out it has an alternative connection method that makes it appear as a USB disk. I suppose this WinMo phone could be supported as an e-reader, but it has no specific location for saving the books, and no preferred format (it depends on which of many readers are installed). Thus, any choice for those would be arbitrary.

Last edited by Starson17; 12-23-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 10:55 PM   #6
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Yes, that's what I've been doing, too. However, on my wife's newest WinMo 6.5 device (HTC HD2) I found out it has an alternative connection method that makes it appear as a USB disk.
I don't believe my iPaq on WinMo 6 Classic will do that.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote