Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Borrowing ebooks from Public Library

Hi,

I've read here somewhere that you can use Adobe Digital Edition to borrow ebook library to put in your Astak Pocket Pro. Now my problem is that when I borrowed/downloaded the ebooks it didnt show in my borrowed books in ADE. The file extension is .ascm, and it said in the library site to download ADE to open the ebooks. But it still wont open.

Hope someone can help me with this.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by diokdin View Post
Hi,

I've read here somewhere that you can use Adobe Digital Edition to borrow ebook library to put in your Astak Pocket Pro. Now my problem is that when I borrowed/downloaded the ebooks it didnt show in my borrowed books in ADE. The file extension is .ascm, and it said in the library site to download ADE to open the ebooks. But it still wont open.

When you download the books from the Library select the open option. This then opens the book in Adobe ADE and registers it to you. When you connect the pocket pro you can then use Adobe to drag and drop it to the reader.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2009, 06:31 PM   #3
diokdin
Groupie

Thanks.

I got it to open in ADE but it wont transfer to my Pocket Pro. I drag and drop it. It says: Error: The Bachelor List
No permission to copy document here

Item details in the ebook is this:
Allow viewing: on any device, until Dec 01, 2009, 2:40 PM
Allow copying: not allowed
Allow printing: not allowed

So Why cant I transfer it to my Pocket Pro?

I already authorized my computer and Pocket Pro.

Last edited by diokdin; 11-17-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
diokdin
Groupie

Well, I get to transfer it using the windows explorer it shows in my Pocket Pro, but when I select it, it wont open.

I dont know why but everytime I transfer ebooks I have to use windows explorer but I couldn't use the desktop Adobe Digital Editions and Calibre. Some of them opened, some not. Is anyone else having the same problem as mine? What did you do to make it work with the desktop?

Last edited by diokdin; 11-17-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Weren't you having this same problem with Calibre?

Yes I see you were. Did you get that solved?

It's exactly the same problem.

Do you have your SD card write-protected?

What OS are you using?

Do both the reader and the SD card show up?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
diokdin
Groupie

Yup, the same thing.... But with Calibre at least some of them open in my Pocket Pro. But with Digital Edition even if I use the window explorer when I open it in my PP it wont opened, it says Invalid file or error.

Is it just my Pocket Pro then? Do I need to have my PP exchange with a different one?
Old 11-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I know some people were having USB problems, but if it always works with Windows Explorer then, that doesn't seem like the problem...

Still that could be it. Some have said to set the USB to 1.0 only -- I'm not sure how you do that. Maybe try that. I think if I were you I'd call Astak Service and have them talk you through things.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:34 PM   #8
diokdin
Groupie

Well, Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

But my Procket Pro just crash. It wont turn on now..... It wont connect in my laptop or even if I plug it on the outlet. I just had this friday afternoon on Nov. 13 2pm. Not even a week. I'm returning it.....
Old 11-17-2009, 07:40 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Well, Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

But my Procket Pro just crash. It wont turn on now..... It wont connect in my laptop or even if I plug it on the outlet. I just had this friday afternoon on Nov. 13 2pm. Not even a week. I'm returning it.....
It needs to charge as much as 12 hours the first few times.
After that has happened, hold down the "back" button for 15 seconds or so.
or you could try the reset button the back.
Charge it first.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:25 PM   #10
diokdin
Groupie

^Thanks, I found it out myself. I reset it...
Old 11-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Hi,

The .acsm file is a small transfer file that contains the encryption codes necessary for downloading the actual eBook. All you should need to do is open the .acsm file using Adobe Digital Editions. Usually, when you install ADE it tells your web browser to do this automatically when it sees an .acsm file. Try just clicking the file.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #12
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Here are the steps I follow to get ADE ePUB books onto my EZ Reader - I have the 6" Basic rather than the Pocket Pro, but the steps should be the same.

1. Download the .acsm file.
2. Open the .acsm file - this will open ADE and download the book directly into the ADE library.
3. Connect the reader to your computer - it should show as a device in ADE (on the left side of the screen under bookshelves), and ask you to authorize it if not already done.
4. In the ADE library, drag and drop the book to the EZ Reader.

The book should show up in the Digital Editions folder on your reader. Note that if you are using an SD card, ADE will want to authorize it as a separate device.

Hope this helps!
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:21 PM   #13
diokdin
Groupie

Thanks for the info.....

I have it on my SD card. For some weird reason I can't put it on the my EZ reader memory.

But I did authorize my PP. But it's in my SD card.

Sorry, I'm not good with techie stuff....I'm doing trial and error here together with lots of reading.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #14
wpeace
Seer
wpeace began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WP7 Pocket PC/SmartQ7/Pocket Pro/A5A iPad Streak 5
Quote:
Thanks for the info.....

I have it on my SD card. For some weird reason I can't put it on the my EZ reader memory.

But I did authorize my PP. But it's in my SD card.

Sorry, I'm not good with techie stuff....I'm doing trial and error here together with lots of reading.
In ADE, your device should show up as the main memory & SD card. Be sure you drag it to where you want it (sounds like you did).

Regardless of where you put it from ADE, on the PEZ it will appear in the Digital Editions directory.

I've had errors using Windows Explorer to copy DRM'd files as a version of ADE must be loaded and registered on the device you are reading on. When there is not attempting to open the file does produce an error.

So make sure your version of firmware supports ADE. You can tell by checking the settings & then About. The second line on my device states "...technology by Adobe Systems Incorporated"
wpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:30 AM   #15
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Yup, the same thing.... But with Calibre at least some of them open in my Pocket Pro. But with Digital Edition even if I use the window explorer when I open it in my PP it wont opened, it says Invalid file or error.

Is it just my Pocket Pro then? Do I need to have my PP exchange with a different one?
Did you register your pocket pro with ADE? That must be done for the transfer to work.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote