Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
lance_
lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: FoxIt eSlick
Unhappy The eSlick is dead. Long live the eSlick.

Took it out of my bag on the bus ride home from my summer job and saw ...

Argh. Just before school starts too. $109 US + S&H repair.
lance_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I'm so sorry. It's painful to look at. Were you using a cover for protection?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
you know this could SO be taken in different ways!

but seriously so sorry was it a pressure injury?
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP

Ouch I'd die if that happened to my reader

Last edited by Catire; 09-01-2009 at 05:55 PM. Reason: saw the text under the pic
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:28 PM   #5
lance_
lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: FoxIt eSlick
I don't know what happened. I didn't use a cover, I just slip it into either my backpack's laptop pocket or its amplifier's pocket. (Yes my backpack has an amp and speakers.)

Something must've wanged my bag hard because my headphones inside were dented. My guess is someone tripped over it or stepped on it.

And yes, I'm buying a cover in addition to paying for the repairs. (Expensive) lesson learned.
lance_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 01:07 AM   #6
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
hopefully it's a nice sturdy cover like a medge or book armor. I cracked a 500 inside its stock crappy cover,
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:37 AM   #7
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
So many MANY ways to abuse that post....

Must... restrain... self...

Oh, and sorry about your screen there, looks like either a preassure damage or that the casing got twisted
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:04 AM   #8
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
My DIY hollow book cover has thus far made my reader survive:

- accidentally checking in my bag containing the reader in the front compartment which exposed it to the tender ministrations of the baggage handlers at two airports.
- dropping it multiple times from standing height (I'm a klutz).
- someone spilling their drink on the table where it was lying.
- sitting on it (don't ask).
- carrying it around in my overflowing backpack containing various bits of hardware with sharp corners and considerable mass.

Since I made the hollow book, I added velcro to hold the reader snug and magnets to keep the covers of the book closed. Oh, and hollowed out the other side as well to hold some memory cards and give the reader some more space. It is AWESOME. It is also starting to look really raggedy and tattered which only adds to the cachet; nobody in their right mind would bother to steal it when it lies on a table closed.

Last edited by acidzebra; 09-02-2009 at 05:10 AM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The puppies in this thread have dirty minds.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:08 AM   #10
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:

I hope you are NOT including me in that mud bath !...

Seriously that is a picture of a reader that is painful ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #11
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
ARF!!!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote