Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-10-2009, 10:46 PM   #46
meibao
meibao began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
getting mine next month and planning on calling it kindlelicious as in related to podilicious and pspilicious lol
meibao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #47
thomwatson
thomwatson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
My computers are named for Fairy lands (Arborea, Arcadia, Mithlond), while my computer drives, external drives and iPods, etc., are all named for specific elves and fairies (oldest drives were Titania and Oberon and Puck; current drives are Ariel, Canpenella and Tinkerbell; laptop drive is Cirdan; iPods are Maleficent and Morgan le Fay). To that end, I've named my Kindle 2, Elbereth Gilthoniel, since "Gilthoniel" translates as "Starkindler"
thomwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 08:52 AM   #48
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomwatson View Post
My computers are named for Fairy lands (Arborea, Arcadia, Mithlond), while my computer drives, external drives and iPods, etc., are all named for specific elves and fairies (oldest drives were Titania and Oberon and Puck; current drives are Ariel, Canpenella and Tinkerbell; laptop drive is Cirdan; iPods are Maleficent and Morgan le Fay). To that end, I've named my Kindle 2, Elbereth Gilthoniel, since "Gilthoniel" translates as "Starkindler"
Cool! My HP Tablet is commissioner Gordon, my Treo is Robin, the K1 is Batman, of course, and my LiveScribe Pen is The Joker. I considered going for Night Wing for the K2, but that seemed nerdy.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #49
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
What are you naming your Kindle?

I named mine "Don't Gotta" as in "Don't Gotta Kindle."

Have 2 Sony's though. I didn't name them anything 'cause they don't come when I call them anyway. Ungrateful gadgets.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #50
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
I named mine "Don't Gotta" as in "Don't Gotta Kindle."

Have 2 Sony's though. I didn't name them anything 'cause they don't come when I call them anyway. Ungrateful gadgets.
huh. mine don't come when i call them either. they must be related to cats.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #51
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
What kind of reader do you have, again?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #52
InlawBiker
Connoisseur
InlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1.0
Mine is named "Guybrush" - any old Lucasarts gamers out there?

Last edited by InlawBiker; 03-16-2009 at 08:49 PM.
InlawBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #53
Seant018
Enthusiast
Seant018 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
It is hard to explain the exact origin, but my K2 and iPod are both named Dar! right now. I can say that it does not come from the Spanish verb meaning "to give" though, haha.
Seant018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:11 PM   #54
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Hmm. My K1 is named "Cat's Kindle"

My upcoming K2---maybe "Hypatia" Or maybe "Clio's Mirror"
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #55
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
What kind of reader do you have, again?
Ya caught me.

Experienced momentary grammatical impropriety there. Everyone knows the apostrophe (post #49 above) indicates possession, not plurality. I don't know what my fingers were thinking.

How embarrassing.

You may have surmised after that faux pas that English is not my first language . . . Double Dutch is.

(Ahhhhhhh . . . . . . Chocolate.)

pshrynk keeps me honest.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:13 PM   #56
El Lobo
47 going on 18!
El Lobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Mine should be here Sat (14 Mar) and it will be proudly named Ruprecht.

In honor of Dirty, Rotten, Scoundrels! One of my all time favorite comedies.
El Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:58 PM   #57
aslterp
aslterp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
naming my kindle

After reading this thread - I had to come up with something, but have never been very good with screen names or any of that!
BUT
My Kindle that arrives on Monday will be :

amante di libro
aslterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #58
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Naming my Kindle

Alexandria, of course, my personal Great Library.

And clearly Kindles are related to cats, don't come when called, require large amounts of lap time, and need to be stroked frequently.

NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #59
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
Alexandria, of course, my personal Great Library.
nice !!!

Quote:
And clearly Kindles are related to cats, don't come when called, require large amounts of lap time, and need to be stroked frequently.

zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:23 PM   #60
busy91
Connoisseur
busy91 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.busy91 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.busy91 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Nook Color
I've decided on a name. It didn't take as long as I thought.

Bibli Ophelia
busy91 is offline   Reply With Quote