Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-21-2008, 02:54 AM   #1
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Smile Hi Everyone!

Hi everyone and greetings from Sacramento, California--

I've been lurking here for awhile, and finally decided to join. I've just made the plunge and ordered the Sony PRS505. Hopefully, I'll have it shortly, as I'm pretty excited now.

I've been wanting an e-ink device for quite awhile. When Amazon came out with the Kindle, I was very intrigued--especially the part about being able to download books directly to the device. But, I finally decided on the Sony--I'm actually "paying" for it with points I've earned on my Sony Rewards VISA over the last several years. That's what really swayed me to the Sony. No out of pocket dollars vs $400 for the Kindle.

Looking forward to reading all of your posts!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:46 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hi, dordale.

I know the excitement you're experiencing. There are some really nice e-ink Readers out there. I happen to own the PRS-505 and was an early adopter of the PRS-500, so I can speak very positively about owning both models. (I also assemble public domain works here on MobileRead, as do a number of other contributors.)

The Sony is a very friendly and light Reader and is extremely fun to use. If you're like me, having 100s of books on the device is especially convenient. I also like the idea of having something so light in my hands and not a heavy hardback.

So......I feel the excitement you're having about waiting for your Sony reader to arrive. Also, I would like to officially welcome you to MobileRead.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello dordale, enjoy the 505
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi dordale and welcome to the Forum. I bought a 505 last January after much thought and am very happy with it. Also, there are plenty of friendly and knowledgeable 505 owners on the Forum who will be quick with help and advice.

Be sure and let us know how you like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:19 AM   #5
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Thanks for the welcome! I can see there's a lot of information and knowledgeable users here. I'm really looking forward to getting my reader and getting some hands on experience!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2008, 03:42 PM   #6
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
well,Hi .

insert random pun.
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote