Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So far things are working well. But if it happens again, I will post what thread and what time.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So far things are working well. But if it happens again, I will post what thread and what time.
Thanks, Jon, it's highly appreciated.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #18
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
The site was a little slow to refresh for me this morning at 8:22 am EST. I did not have any problems loading other sites at that time.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is where I just had a slow post...

Post #429 in the thread Kindle Paper White review : Mobileread users in the Amazon Kindle forum at 5:29pm eastern time.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #20
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Here is where I just had a slow post...

Post #429 in the thread Kindle Paper White review : Mobileread users in the Amazon Kindle forum at 5:29pm eastern time.
Thanks I will check if we had any load spikes at that time. But generally the slow posting issue seems to have improved a lot, hasn't it? I am fairly certain it was caused by a misconfiguration in our replication setup.
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #21
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It does seem to have gotten better...in my experience.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Thanks I will check if we had any load spikes at that time. But generally the slow posting issue seems to have improved a lot, hasn't it? I am fairly certain it was caused by a misconfiguration in our replication setup.
Yes, it has gotten a lot better. It's almost back to normal. Occasionally 4dots is acting slowish.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #23
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I haven't seen any double posts lately, which were an obvious symptom of the slow server.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I never had double posts. I just waited instead of clicking multiple times. The site never timed out.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:15 AM   #25
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

When you reported the issues, I was going to say that I never had double posts. Well, when I submitted that post, it appeared double (and I didn't click multiple times). That's when I assumed that our issue is most likely related to a problem with the replication setup.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:15 AM   #26
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
I haven't had any problems with slow posting the last few days.

When it was slow a few days ago, I never had any double postings.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #27
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Thanks for the update guys. The site appears to be running normal again. We'll keep investigating the cause for the frequent slow-downs and newpost timeouts.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #28
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Getting slow again, at least on big threads. I just added a post a moment ago to the What are you drinking thread. Was definitely slow to post, but at least no double-post.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #29
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer

I was just in the "Last person to post here wins" thread and it was a little slow posting (no duplicate). Could have something to do with the sudden influx of posts? I noticed a lot of new posts in various threads.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #30
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
I was just in the "Last person to post here wins" thread and it was a little slow posting (no duplicate). Could have something to do with the sudden influx of posts? I noticed a lot of new posts in various threads.
Could be.

We're keeping an eye on it.