Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-29-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Blackberry Playbook Kobo App

I got a lovely deal on the Blackberry Playbook the day before the Kobo Vox hit the stores. I ended up buying one of both.

The Playbook is a pretty cool piece of hardware which, hopefully, Blackberry will be able to evolve to its potential (particularly beginning in Feb when OS 2 comes out).

Broadly, the reading software is similar on both devices but I am confused about certain aspects of the Playbook Kobo app. I am running vers 1.3.1. Can anyone help?

1. How do you actually close a book (ie remove the bookmark once a title has been opened)?

2. If I click and hold a cover, I get the option "remove from library". If I do this, how do I get it back and does this affect visibility on any other device?

3. How do I change the order of the display of books? It seems to be alphabetical by author.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
SP - you have sooo many devices!!! Where do you find the time to play with them ALL?!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
I have one of each now too! I went in to look at the Acer A10 8GB but for the same $299 I got the Playbook 32GB. The Vox seems to rotate pages faster in Kobo reader but video is smoother on the Playbook. I have a Blackberry 9700 for work so it is nice to read my email on the 7" screen over the Bridge. Still figuring out the Playbook but seems good though oddly it uses up 1GB of RAM very fast.

Last edited by hpulley; 11-30-2011 at 09:43 PM.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
Not sure this is the right sub-forum, since its about the Kobo software/app, but pokee is right you do have a lot of devices

Last edited by blacknirvana; 12-01-2011 at 04:53 PM. Reason: spelling
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Thanks for everyone's thoughts. Can anyone help me with these questions?

1. How do you actually close a book (ie remove the bookmark once a title has been opened)?

2. If I click and hold a cover, I get the option "remove from library". If I do this, how do I get it back and does this affect visibility on any other device?

3. How do I change the order of the display of books? It seems to be alphabetical by author. <-- I have figured out that in Library view, I can drag a top menu down to do this.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert