Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-03-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
xicemanx
xicemanx began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile hello ppl

i'm new to this site and to the whole books online trend. anyways. any advice before i do something silly??

thx
xicemanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
DebT
Enthusiast
DebT began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
If you're interested in a digital reader my suggestion would be to research which ones area available to you in your area and decide which features are most important to you and then decide which one is the best fit for you.
I have the prs 505 by sony and love it, I have had it for about 8 weeks. My favorite place to get books for it are right here at MR and second would be manybooks. I have actually only purchased 5 books the other 175 came from all the great reccomendations from forum folks here.
Happy Reading!
DebT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #3
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Decide whether you want to invest money in a dedicated reader, or read on a PDA/phone/etc.
Then, go check out current reading devices and see if they float your boat. I find them sluggish and would be annoyed all the time. So I read on a teensy screen of a P1i smartphone.
Other people think I'm an idiot since I do that
So, there's not a "true" way of this new "trend", but several. And one just might be what you need.

EDIT: Welcome to the board, and do not hesitate to ask questions. The worst thing that can happen is that someone will post a short reply with a link to a thread containing the info you need. People don't flame here ... all very civilized!
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by xicemanx View Post
i'm new to this site and to the whole books online trend. anyways. any advice before i do something silly??

thx
Where are you located? If here in the U.S., you can 'try' the Sony at Target and other stores. Just to get a feel.

Also, if the Kindle trips your trigger, (please watch the informational video on the Kindle home page at Amazon.com) you have a 30 day free home trial if your decide to go that way.

There is no 'right' or 'wrong' device. Just whats right for you. Good luck! And welcome.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi xicemanx and welcome to the Forum. I agonized about eBook readers for several months before opting for the Sony 505. And I really like it. Have had it for a year and never regretted it. In fact, I'm addicted to the damn thing!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote