Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
davers
Connoisseur
davers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony Dark Blue 505
Reading while taking a bath?

I like reading as I'm soaking in a hot bath...has anyone else done this with their sony? I've done it with my iPod and it's still going strong after quite a few years of use. Just wondering if it could hurt the sony!

Thanks,

Dave
davers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Hi, this has been discussed before, and the usual recommendation is to pop the reader in a waterproof bag.

If you stick 'aquapac' in the Search box, you'll find some of the threads where this topic has been discussed.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:05 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by davers View Post
I like reading as I'm soaking in a hot bath...has anyone else done this with their sony? I've done it with my iPod and it's still going strong after quite a few years of use. Just wondering if it could hurt the sony!

Thanks,

Dave

The kindle works great tucked into a ziplock baggie!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:25 PM   #4
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
I use a folded comic clear bag personnaly with my 505 and no trouble yet...
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:01 AM   #5
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
I use 2 ziploc freezer bags.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:28 AM   #6
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
None of those hold enough water for a bath.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:43 AM   #7
davers
Connoisseur
davers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony Dark Blue 505
ROFL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
davers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:09 PM   #8
tekchic
Zealot
tekchic doesn't littertekchic doesn't litter

Device: iPhone X, iPad Pro
My vote for the 2 ziploc gallon-size freezer bags. I lounge in the pool in the summer with my Reader double-bagged
tekchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:10 PM   #9
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Oh this one just totally killed me...
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:40 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I'd be totally too scared to do that, even with two ziplock bags!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:30 PM   #11
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
I am paranoid enough reading my Sony reader on the beach, trying not to drop it in the sand I don't think I could face the heartache of dropping it in the bath and find the ziplock bag has sprung a leak.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:07 AM   #12
steen
steen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I tried to read in the bathtub with my Reader but I guess I like my baths too steamy. The water was so hot, it was condensing on the Reader so I quickly switched to a paperback.
steen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #13
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by steen View Post
I tried to read in the bathtub with my Reader but I guess I like my baths too steamy. The water was so hot, it was condensing on the Reader so I quickly switched to a paperback.
Try throwing in a dessicant pack in there to see if can absorb the condensation. I tried this on a recent vacation and it worked fine for me.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote