Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
The Orc King: Transitions, Book I by R.A. Salvatore

Do you guys think this is only a one time deal since Salvatore is such a big author, or is WotC finally going to start releasing their "Forgotten Realms" series on eBooks?

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...ok&BOOK=340196

It also looks like Random House is re-releasing some of their older books
Like Fooled by Randomness.

http://www.randomhouse.com/gm/result...+by+randomness
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

I would sincerely like The Icewind Dale Trilogy in e. Make that happen, would you?
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2008, 01:16 AM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcv View Post
I would sincerely like The Icewind Dale Trilogy in e.
Well considering you and I seem to be the only folks that seem interested, I don't see that happening.

Quote:
Make that happen, would you?
Funny you should ask. I did send an email to the author of "Fooled by Randomness" a few months back and lo and behold an eBook was born.

... not that I believe that had anything to do with him really creating an eBook
Old 11-13-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

I happened upon a Drizzt book by accident. Now, I read them and wish they were all in e.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:01 AM   #5
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
I happened upon a Drizzt book by accident. Now, I read them and wish they were all in e.
May I ask which book/serries?

=X=
Advert
Old 11-13-2008, 12:37 PM   #6
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
I would sincerely like The Icewind Dale Trilogy in e. Make that happen, would you?
I'm sure they exist. Not legally, but they're probably out there somewhere.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:32 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Way back when I purchased my 505, Sony did have a bundle of some R.A. Salvatore eBooks.

There are I think 14 titles available.
http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/ra...ooks.htm?cache
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:16 PM   #8
tcv
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
May I ask which book/serries?
Which have I read? Or which do I want in e?
Old 11-20-2008, 01:00 PM   #9
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Way back when I purchased my 505, Sony did have a bundle of some R.A. Salvatore eBooks.

Thanks Jon. Speaking of the discounts. Over at fictionwise the first book of the demonwar saga (link) is actually a bundle of the first and second book. It doesn't say it on their site so for those buying the series I'd check the first book first.

My post was more regarding the "Forgotten Realms"/"Dragonlance" worlds that are the sanction worlds of D&D. Not so much about the author R.A. Salvore. The good thing about R.A. Salvore is he is a huge name in fantasy and seems to be in favor of eBooks, it seems most of his books not published by WotC are in eBooks. I'm hopping his latest book is a result of WotC staring to release their books on eBook format and it is just not an initiative demanded by Salvore

Quote:
Which have I read? Or which do I want in e?
I was refering to which ones you read. Given that I'm presuming you want all of his works in eBooks.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 11-20-2008 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Added link to eBook
Old 11-20-2008, 08:26 PM   #10
tcv
Addict

I have read The Hunter's Blade Trilogy. When I picked up the first book, I had not a clue there were long standing characters or it was a series.

I want the Icewind Dale Trilogy in e right now!
Old 11-21-2008, 08:43 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

I was one who bought that bundle.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:20 AM   #12
=X=
Wizard

Well a few more came up in MobiPockets web site

It's under "Wizards of the Coast". Though they are only books from R.A. Salvatore They are not just one series.

http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/...s+of+the+Coast