Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
amazon not accepting reviews?

This is weird, last week I posted a review for the Amazon Kindle and it hasn't shown up in the reviews section. has anyone else experienced that? I got an email from amazon.com saying they'd review my review before posting but since then I haven't heard from them.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:02 AM   #2
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Just send them a reminder, although it is odd.
The delay happens on amazon.CO.UK, something like 5 days and....up to infinity until I send them a reminder email but on amazon.COM always an instant appearance.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2008, 10:33 AM   #3
Just4Fun
Enthusiast
Just4Fun began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle/iphone/ipad/Pocket Entourage/MacBook/Windows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amothea View Post
I got an email from amazon.com saying they'd review my review before posting but since then I haven't heard from them.
Boy, that is an ambivalent reply.

Consider the countless so called "reviews" that Amazon allowed people to post who have never even put their hands on a Kindle. Most of those "reviews" were composed by individuals who where almost hysterically against the ideology of ebooks. It is laughable that Amazon would review your hands on Kindle post while allowing non Kindle owners to have their say. Especially now, when the ratings are moving up based on the reviews of actual owners.

Cheez. Go figure.
Just4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:39 AM   #4
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Yeah, I guess that Amazon couldn't stand watching all those people reviewing the Kindle without ever seeing or using a Kindle.

Those "1 star" reviews were very bad publicity for the product, and it is slowly getting a better rating.

Now the real issue is: if a Kindle owner post a honest review, yet put a 1 star rating on the product, will Amazon publish the review ? And on the other hand, if someone post a 5 stars review, without being a Kindle owner ?
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:51 AM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4Fun View Post
Boy, that is an ambivalent reply.

Consider the countless so called "reviews" that Amazon allowed people to post who have never even put their hands on a Kindle. Most of those "reviews" were composed by individuals who where almost hysterically against the ideology of ebooks. It is laughable that Amazon would review your hands on Kindle post while allowing non Kindle owners to have their say. Especially now, when the ratings are moving up based on the reviews of actual owners.

Cheez. Go figure.
Is this the first product that Amazon has ever sold that's their own? Perhaps that's the difference. If it was a review about someone else's watch or dress or laundry detergent or book that they sell (do they really sell books?), it was no skin off Amazon's nose. But perhaps now they see all the hysterical reviews about their own product and think they need to manage this somehow. Just a thought.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #6
rho1640
rho1640 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
try looking under your reviews - I posted a review and when I went to see if it had posted it was back 2 or 3 pages and I missed it completely until I checked the reviews I had written -- I think it did take a day to show up or it showed up in the middle of the night when I was asleep.
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote