Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
does M92 have compulsory screen saver?

one of my hated feature of my Sony T1 is that the reader goes into screen saver mode after 10 minutes of non-activity, and there is no option to turn this stupid feature off. (Sony FU)

Does M92 have anything like this? I am buying a large reader for academic reading. So most of the time I will be leaving the page on a long time.

Thanks.
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Can be switched off in Preferences -> Power Management. But I haven't tested yet whether this really does what you would expect.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
It does
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
It does
have you tried what the previous poster said?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #5
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The main question is how much time will it live without recharge if you will turn sleep mode off?
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #6
FinancialWar
Banned

it takes so power to keep displaying the page because it is e-ink not LCD
Old 03-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #7
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
You can choose when M92 goes to sleep and when switch off in menu.

In current version you can choose only from several combinations. You cannot set your own times for sleep/off.

You can choose that it does not go at sleep mode or off at all. That is the mode I use. I might read the page for an hour sometimes...

Generaly I do not switch it off, only make it sleep (in most cases). I do not think it consumes much energy. I charge it once a week (maybe even less frequently), or so...
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #8
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
I disabled the screen saver completely
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:05 AM   #9
truhlik_fredy
truhlik_fredy began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Would be possible to change the standby program to go to standby without changing the screen?

Did somebody modified the executable? I'm tempted checking source code on my hdd and recompile the utility so it will not change content of the screen. But if somebody did it already I would prefer just download compiled file
truhlik_fredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:56 AM   #10
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
An other solution was done : make a screen capture of the last page and use this picture as screen saver. It's in an old thread, about screen saver or screen capture...
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote