Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 02-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
multiprose
Connoisseur
multiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
VNC viewer for word processing + external keyboard?

anyone have any idea which VNC viewer might be good using the sony t1's screen to do minor document word processing using the host computer's keyboard?
multiprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
multiprose
Connoisseur
multiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheese

i found a good solution.

i use remote VNC pro 2.0 android apk with real VNC on my computer. settings are windows xp 800x600 on cpu and landscape on sony t1. it's working very well so far. i can read articles i've pasted in OneNote 2010 and edit pdfs directly with Adobe Acrobat X using sony t1's touch screen.
Advert
Old 02-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
woda007
woda007 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600, prs-900
does it work reasonably fast? what if you open up a blank word document and type away? is the sony screen refreshing / blinking all of the time or just on screen updates? would you do a video to show how well it's working?

if this works reasonably well for typing work, that's like a dream come true!
woda007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
bookp
Connoisseur
bookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Sony PRS-T3
This works well. No full refresh during typing, just partial refreshes where new letters appear - as long as you don't move a scrollbar with your growing text. The horizontal one can become nasty.

I use tightVNC on the desktop and androidVNC on the Reader. Didn't have much to set up. There should be plenty of working software combinations. I wonder what the best one is.

Oh yeah and thank you for creating this topic. I didn't know you could control your computer from the T1.
bookp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
multiprose
Connoisseur

best combo after thorough investigation:

connect android server to windows client
-droid vnc server beta 1.03a
-realvnc viewer

connect android vnc to windows rdp/vnc (in order from best)
#1 wyse pocket cloud
-best quality and refresh rate, good windows keyboard
#2 remote desktop client
-only one that can choose to have the remote cpu play music instead of client (sony reader)
#3 remote rdp enterprise or remote vnc pro
-decent overall but as opposed to above two, doesn't have dedicated windows keyboard
Advert