Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #121
avidworm
Enthusiast
avidworm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1uke View Post
to the best of my knowledge, no special update is needed for K3 FW3.1
hmm then maybe launchapd needs updating? can'tg seem to launch fbkindle by Shift F R?

edit/

haha reinstalling launchpad seems to have done the trick!

Last edited by avidworm; 03-02-2011 at 06:07 PM.
avidworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #122
xlendi
xlendi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G, Nokia N810
Try to jailbrak the Kindle before update.

Last edited by xlendi; 03-16-2011 at 06:36 PM.
xlendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #123
xlendi
xlendi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G, Nokia N810
How works your FBKindle after the 3.1 update? Do you have any problems?

Last edited by xlendi; 03-16-2011 at 06:37 PM.
xlendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #124
h1uke
Zealot
h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: dxg, k3w,k4nt,kpw
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlendi View Post
How works your FBKindle after the 3.1 update? Do you have any problems?
it is just a plain program program, so it doesn't depend on Amazon updates.
It still works ...
h1uke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #125
knorst
Enthusiast
knorst began at the beginning.

Device: in future: 902/903
First of all, many thanks to the dev's. FBkindle is just great!

Is there any way to navigate faster in the library?
you have to click 3 times to switch from one book to another

btw. the first post should be updated

greetings knorst
knorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2011, 05:24 AM   #126
h1uke
Zealot
h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: dxg, k3w,k4nt,kpw
Quote:
Originally Posted by knorst View Post
Is there any way to navigate faster in the library?
btw. the first post should be updated
- currently we are short on application programmer force, so, serious changes to the Library View are still on a list

- we don't have access to the first post, sorry
h1uke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:28 AM   #127
knorst
Enthusiast

no worries! everything takes it's time

nevertheless your little application is just great and I'm enjoying it everyday I'm reading epubs on my fbkindle!

especially the preferences options are super!

greetings from germany
knorst
Old 03-24-2011, 06:33 AM   #128
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Before I go into jailbraking and such, I want to make sure this is going to do what I am looking for : for the time being I have to convert my epubs in mobi in order to mail them over to my kindle. Would emailing the DRM-free epub (without conversion that is) to the kindle and open it with fbkindle work ? I am looking at a way to send books to the kindle without usb cable : my usb connexion is faulty on my eeepc, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, or it looses connexion in the middle of a job which is annoying, and it will go in repair over Easter, until then I'd love a quickfix.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:02 AM   #129
Tanga
Zealot
Tanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 3
Wow, neat. I installed the updated fbKindle on page six using the instructions on the first page - it works splendidly. Superior to Amazon as a reader. If they added mobi functionality I'd be reading all my books (well at least my none DRMed ones) in fbKindle.

Thanks!
Tanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #130
knorst
Enthusiast

Smile

Hi all,
In fbkindle ,i changed succesfully the key's to scroll to the next page, because i prefer to read in the landscape-mode and i don't find it really cnvenient to use the normal keys.

btw. do you think the normal keys (i.e. the alphabetic caracter keys and also the space key) are capable to act as a "turn pages"-key on the long run?

I mean are those keys robust enough to press them so often (500 times in a book with 500 pages). I.e. is there a difference from a constructional point of view regarding the normal scroll keys or the other keys on the kindle keypad?

greetings
knorst

Last edited by knorst; 04-08-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:43 PM   #131
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Before I go into jailbraking and such, I want to make sure this is going to do what I am looking for : for the time being I have to convert my epubs in mobi in order to mail them over to my kindle. Would emailing the DRM-free epub (without conversion that is) to the kindle and open it with fbkindle work ? I am looking at a way to send books to the kindle without usb cable : my usb connexion is faulty on my eeepc, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, or it looses connexion in the middle of a job which is annoying, and it will go in repair over Easter, until then I'd love a quickfix.
If you email an ePub to your ----@kindle.com amazon will reject it as unknown format. It will not be sent to your kindle. Sorry.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #132
FethryDuck
Addict
FethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle3, DXG
Just want to mention a bug here, as someone reminded me of it on another thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=122

I had screen rotation as I wanted, but forgot to mention it anywhere. At the very moment, I don't have fbKindle at hand, so I did answer it as best I could off memory.
FethryDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #133
luyt
luyt began at the beginning.

Thanks all. FBkindle runs well.
It seems FBKindle cannot open CHM files bigger than 10M, more or less.
When i try to add such a file to library, FBkindle will just freeze and when i turn off and on kindle by the slide bottom, it returns to Amazon Kindle but cannot response to any keystroke. Finally, I have to make a restart by push the slide bottom 15 seconds.
luyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #134
knorst
Enthusiast

Hi all,

another Bug I noticed is a freeze, while changing the Authors name and the book title in the library view.

only help: pushing the power slide for 15 seconds.

greetings knorst
Old 04-11-2011, 11:12 PM   #135
luyt
luyt began at the beginning.

Does it support Kindle DX or not? Thanks!
luyt is offline   Reply With Quote