Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
ok, that was odd..

all weekend, the locked screen has been showing quotes, despite the fact that I have it set to show the cover of the last read book...well, tonight I got home after trick or treating with my daughters, and I happened to looking over at the Vox and saw it turn itself on from sleep mode for a couple seconds, bring up the cover of the last book I was reading, then go back to sleep mode...

Anyone else see something like this? Kobo Ghosts?
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Vox
Yes, I see that a lot, it open and close again and again...
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:17 PM   #3
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
I was in contact with someone from Kobo and they said it was a known issue, waking up then sleeping again. Fixed in the next release.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:26 PM   #4
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
I was in contact with someone from Kobo and they said it was a known issue, waking up then sleeping again. Fixed in the next release.
actually, the waking up/sleeping again...funny enough I don't see that as a huge issue as it could be like with previous kobo's where it's checking for content or something...the odd thing was when it came on, changed from the quotes to cover of the book...just strange that it decided to pick that particular time after using it all weekend to do so
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:15 AM   #5
scrabblelady
scrabblelady began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Mine was waking up every 5 minutes, until I had my d'oh moment and realized I had set the Vox to check for email every 5 minutes. I switched that to 'never' and the waking up stopped. Sort of. Now it wakes up more or less randomly, sometimes after 10 minutes, sometimes not for much longer. But as it's apparently a known issue, hopefully it will be addressed in the next firmware update.
scrabblelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #6
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
The lock screen is supposed to show the bookcover of your current read by default. If there is no current read (or nothing has yet been opened on the Vox), then it will show a random quote. You can also choose to just have the quote (and never the book cover) from the setting menu (Settings > Location & Security > Use Current Read Book Cover).

If you have a book in the left most position of your book mosaic widget on the home screen that is showing a bookmark graphic AND you are not seeing that same cover on the lock screen (when the above setting is enabled), then it's a bug. Let me know!

Hope that helps,
James
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:24 PM   #7
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboJW View Post
If you have a book in the left most position of your book mosaic widget on the home screen that is showing a bookmark graphic AND you are not seeing that same cover on the lock screen (when the above setting is enabled), then it's a bug. Let me know!

Hope that helps,
James
I've got that bug. I left the Kobo app open with a novel, both while plugged into the charger as well as unplugged, and never get the cover. Given I bought tr book in the Kobo store...
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #8
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
I didn't have the book cover on the lock screen either. I checked and unchecked the option in Setup and it started working.

As for the Vox flicking in and out of sleep. Mine was doing this this morning even though background sync was disabled and wifi off. I noticed that there were some items running in memory including Globe2go and Rdio. What is strage is that I have never used these programs so I don't know why they were running. I manually killed the processes and it stopped flicking in and out of sleep. So for me I think the issue isn't with base system but one of the apps causing it.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #9
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboJW View Post
The lock screen is supposed to show the bookcover of your current read by default. If there is no current read (or nothing has yet been opened on the Vox), then it will show a random quote. You can also choose to just have the quote (and never the book cover) from the setting menu (Settings > Location & Security > Use Current Read Book Cover).

Hope that helps,
James
I have also never seen the current read cover as my lock screen... on either of my Voxs (first one was returned for other issues). I'll play around with the settings to change it though!
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:48 PM   #10
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
No book cover on lock screen for me either, just the quote...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #11
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Try going into settings and uncheck where it says show book on lock screen. Close out of settings and go back in and check it again. That's what got mine working.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #12
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Did that. No joy. Ah well.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:57 AM   #13
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
Try going into settings and uncheck where it says show book on lock screen. Close out of settings and go back in and check it again. That's what got mine working.
Same little problem here, I will try your trick tonight
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #14
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
Quick question for those who have now gotten their bookcover to show on the lock screen - do you prefer it? Originally I thought I would (which is why I made it the default), but I have since turned it off because I like the look of the quote. Thoughts?

James
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #15
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The quotes get old after awhile (trust me, WiFi and Kobo-o veteran here).
taming is offline   Reply With Quote