Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-29-2011, 04:39 AM   #1
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
Functional enhancement requests

Hi, Just some ideas about enhancements

Series_index
If I change the series of a book, the index of the series is changed to my default setting (1, next new or incremental on last). It would be nice to have an option to keep current index.

home - end keys - Solved. Use ctrl+..
Spoiler:
I use the home / end keys often.
My meaning is to go to the top or end of the current list. But I go to my first / last column if the columns are wider then the screen.
I should suppose this would happen if I select a book and use the left - right arrows.

date
It would be nice to add 3 non-existing date-options. zero null for Date, Month and Year. This would make it possible to set dates of books only partly known (x jan 2011, 3 x 2011, 3 jan x)
Or a [Date Checked] - option

find replace
I have a lot of books that contain dates in the title. I would like to put this info into the published tag. I could not find an option to regex this info into this location. Can this be added?

Last edited by drMerry; 04-29-2011 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Reply changed wishlist
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by drMerry View Post
Hi, Just some ideas about enhancements

Series_index
If I change the series of a book, the index of the series is changed to my default setting (1, next new or incremental on last). It would be nice to have an option to keep current index.

home - end keys
I use the home / end keys often.
My meaning is to go to the top or end of the current list. But I go to my first / last column if the columns are wider then the screen.
I should suppose this would happen if I select a book and use the left - right arrows.

date
It would be nice to add 3 non-existing date-options. zero for Date, Month and Year. This would make it possible to set dates of books only partly known (x jan 2011, 3 x 2011, 3 jan x)

find replace
I have a lot of books that contain dates in the title. I would like to put this info into the published tag. I could not find an option to regex this info into this location. Can this be added?
Date must be a legal date. Even 'unassigned' is a date IIRC 1.1.101
I use the 1st of a the year if I don't know the month (If you don't know the month, you probably don't know the DAY . Oh! The book was written on Tuesday )

The quality check plugin will help find the last. There is no 'replace' that would fix them all.
Eyeball Mk I is still good for something

Right click in the Scroll Bars (I think this is limited to programs built on QT)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I use the 1st of a the year if I don't know the month
That is the same approach I use. But in this case I I'm a niggler. I want to put all information I have and I want to add this info right. I want a way to check if the date is filled in or not and I than do not want to see (and check) all books that are published on the first of the month / year).
Maybe an option to set: DATE CHECKED

Quote:
(If you don't know the month, you probably don't know the DAY . Oh! The book was written on Tuesday )
Well, In fact I do sometimes. Like I've read on a site: Book was published on the fifth of the month (and update date on site is auto-generated as [now])

Quote:
...There is no 'replace' that would fix them all.
Eyeball Mk I is still good for something
So replace would be nice.
Eyeball Mk? Don't know term / name, also an e-book prog?

Quote:
Right click in the Scroll Bars (I think this is limited to programs built on QT)
Yeah, that is an option, but I'm used to my keyboard, and automatically press home/end, this function would improve experience a lot.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The shortcut in Qt is Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+End. Personally I far more often want to get to the end/start of a row than the entire list of books. So having Home and End for that makes lots of sense.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I am on my Linux box right now.
Ctrl Home or End Move to the Top or Bottom of the List
Home or End move Left or Right end of the list
(I believe these normal keystrokes, work in most Windows progs.)

Eyeball Mk1
Most people have 2 of them at birth
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #6
drMerry
Addict

Thanks guys,

Works indeed. Did not know this.
Just something to get used to.
I'll update the wishlist
Old 04-29-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drMerry View Post
Eyeball Mk? Don't know term / name, also an e-book prog?
It's pronounced "Eyeball Mark One", a designation, I believe, commonly used in naming military hardware. Mk1 is the original design. Eyeball is, well, your eyeball.

Edit: Oops, theducks alreday said as much. Nevermind, then
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote