Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
omar504
omar504 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
White Int.kindle not available???

I've never seen the white Kindle as being an option for International buyers...is this temporary or permanent? Has anyone outside the USbought a white one?
I emailed CS and they were vague saying something like if they become available they will list them!
omar504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Temporary. There has been a backlog due to higher then expected Christmas sales.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #3
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
The white Kindle is only offered on the US site and it is only for the 3G+WiFi version. The UK site doesn't offer it at all so I'm unsure whether other countries will get it.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They all get it. The US Kindle uses a different Sim card then the International Kindles. The International version is currently out of stock. It will be back. There are some international folks who have found ways of buying a Kindle from the US site. Check the various threads here for how to do this if you want one right now.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
They all get it.
Boo. They've never offered the white Kindle in the UK. Not that I want a white Kindle as I'm happy with the graphite but its the principle of it!
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 10:52 PM   #6
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I believe that the White is available for the 3G version only. WiFi comes only in Graphite.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:07 PM   #7
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
The white kindle 3G has never been available in Australia, only the graphite. I bought a white one when I travelled to the US last year.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:35 PM   #8
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
I managed to get a white Kindle 3G wifi brand new on eBay.

I had the graphite one, and found that lettering on the keyboard was fading,and as it had gone past the time when I could exchange, I decided to get the white one.

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:48 PM   #9
nomiqayum
nomiqayum is on a distinguished road

Device: KINDLE
i got mine frm ebay ,i don,t think its for international
nomiqayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:02 AM   #10
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

None of the white 3G kindles are international ones but they will still download via whispernet for free when used outside the States. There will be a charge if you subscribe to US magazines and use the 3G to download them while outside USA. I get a notice about international fees every time I download a book using my white one.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:56 AM   #11
omar504
omar504 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks everyone.Looks like I have a choice of... graphite..no big deal its just that some said the glare was less on the white
omar504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:22 AM   #12
Figlilly
Zealot
Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2&3, Paperwhites, Kindle Touch, Kobo Clara, IPad Air2
I have the graphite Kindle and I have never seen any glare. I think someone is leading you up the garden path or has mistaken the Kindle for something else. Go ahead and order your Kindle and enjoy many, many hours of glare-free reading.
Figlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:26 AM   #13
Pushka
Wizard

I agree figwit, I have both and prefer the graphite.