Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Crossover for Mac w/Kindle PC Software (p.s. it works)

As I'm writing this I'm downloading Crossover for Mac. I got a license last year when they were giving them away. Given that it is (I believe) built on Wine I'm hoping I can run the Kindle PC software on it. As knowing this one way or the other will be helpful I'm just doing this as it happens.

I'm bored. Sue me.

Well.. it works pretty much like the Wine version does. It installs, it works. The buttons are empty, so are the popups. But assuming your books have good covers, you can use it to read on the Mac.

So yay!

You can get Crossover at codeweavers.com Or you patient people can wait for the Mac version.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I use it with Parallels but I guess that is not the same thing since I am actually running Windows 7 with in it
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Yeah, I didn't want to run an entire OS inside the machine. Been doing that forever and I just find it slow and frustrating. With Crossover it is quite snappy and doesn't bog down the system much.

I have Win 7 on bootcamp but it's just so much more pleasant to work on the Mac part!
Old 11-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #4
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Thanks to a blog post I found in this post, I can now see the menus on the Crossover version of K4PC. You simply need to set the Kindle program to run in Win98 mode. This ought to hold me until the native version is released.

HTH,
Tracey
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #5
Gideon
Wearer of Pants

I just went and fixed mine and was about to update this post accordingly! Works great, too!
Advert