Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #241
bethany7
Enthusiast
bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Made a guess and it worked... app_purchased.

Sorry!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #242
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Hi all! Terrible sorry for the long wait (and for not keeping you updated). After I solved the aforementioned lack-of-computer problem, it turned out my development environment was broken, and I had a hard time finding the time to fix everything.

Here is a "preview" of the Reader in its current state. It is not uploaded to the usual place, because I'm having trouble with it reverting back to the stock reader on reboot (making the installer useless).
I can install it with ADB with no problems (but I have to redo it after every reboot); it should work with Root Explorer on a rooted machine as well.

Changes:
Has anyone experienced the Reader (or any other) app reverting to the stock one on reboot before? The problem seems vaguely familiar somehow, but I don't remember where I might have seen it before

After I've figured this problem out and pushed out this release, this project will be on hold for a while until I get my act together and have enough free time to spend on it.

I have tried to answer as many questions as possible below; if I have missed something important, feel free to repeat it or give me a shout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermaus View Post
Works great (on my rooted 1.0.04.12210 device)

Many thanks for the great home-mod. Thanks!

However, I suspect the xml has a small typo, I am pretty sure the 'Settings' on the 3rd page is supposed to be 'System Settings'.

After all, why else is app_syssetting defined? It also fits nicely with the other 'android' specific stuff on that page, and the fact the normal settings is already on the 2nd page.

Code:
		<launcherFavApps>
			<!-- App buttons on top of app drawer -->
			<item>app_rootexplorer</item>
			<item>app_term</item>
			<item>app_syssetting</item>
			<item>app_dropbox</item>
		</launcherFavApps>

Edit: BTW: Where did the 'purchased' button go? I did not see it in the pre-defined app list at the bottom?
What goes where is more a matter of taste than anything else; but I will give the defaults a makeover whenever I get back to working on the mode screen.

Purchased is app_purchased, as pointed out by bethany7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph1r3ph0x View Post
Hi Morkl,
Nice work you did there However I found a little bug that you might not now about.
In the modified reader App, if you zoom in and move around, it refreshes the screen, just like it does in the original App. But if you move again, it doesn't refresh, leaving me with a quite unreadable font This is quite annoying, if you use the reader to navigate through a pdf file in zoomed mode and have to return to normal mode everytime you want to change the current position.

Also, would it be possible, to make a multi-touch rotate gesture? (Use two fingers in a rotate gesture to actually rotate the current view)
On my search i came along THIS, but I don't know if that's of any help.

Greetz Ph1r3ph0x

P.s.: I actually really like the simple small percentage gauge the kindle has down there Do you think, there is any way to get this in the reader app?
+ as written brefore me already a clock would be quiiiite nice
I'm aware of the problem; I just haven't been able to figure out where exactly the relevant calls are made.

It's most definitely possible (everything is possible), but would probably require a rewrite of the touch handling in the app.

Clock and better reading gauge are probably the most common requests, and when I get back to working on this project, they are the first thing I'll look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddy View Post
Hi Morkl,
Thanks for the good work. I like the modified homescreen muchmore than the original one and also more than the new homescreen.

There is just one minor problem, I have:

I've configured OpenSudoku as follows:

<customAppDefinition name="app_sudoku" title="Sodoku">
<iconNormal>ic_sudoku.png</iconNormal>
<iconPressed>ic_sudoku.png</iconPressed>
<componentName package="cz.romario.opensudoku" class="cz.romario.opensudoku.gui.FolderListActivit y" />
<intentAction>android.intent.action.MAIN</intentAction>
<intentCategory>android.intent.category.LAUNCHER </intentCategory>
</customAppDefinition>

I can start sudoku with the new button. But once sudoku is running the home button doesn't work any more. To leave sudoku I have to press the back button several times.

Does anybody have a solution for this problem?
Did I miss something in my configuration?
Is there a failure in my configuration?

Thanks in advance, Foddy
Strange. Can you use the home button if you open the application from the app drawer or otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoik View Post
Can i use this modification if i use my ereader in spanish or it changes the interface to english?
I haven't tested it in any other language, but all the localizations are still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by log View Post
Hope everything is ok with morkl, he's been MIA for a while.
Oh, I'm fine (could use a vacation though (and/or someone to remind me to keep people updated)), I just have a huge backlog of things that must be done and not quite as many hours in the day as I'd prefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethany7 View Post
Made a guess and it worked... app_purchased.

Sorry!
Thanks for pointing it out!
Advert
Old 04-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #243
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Could anyone please explain the font sizes in he modified reader? Are they a percent of the font size?

Code:
<fontSizeTableEpub>
	<int>57</int>
	<int>76</int>
	<int>88</int>
	<int>100</int>
	<int>116</int>
	<int>131</int>
	<int>176</int>
	<int>229</int>
</fontSizeTableEpub>

Last edited by JSWolf; 04-15-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #244
Foddy
Foddy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello Morkl,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddy View Post
I've configured OpenSudoku as follows:...

Strange. Can you use the home button if you open the application from the app drawer or otherwise?
Exactly that's the strange thing with this app.
If I start it from ADW Launcher, the home button will work properly.
Only if I start it from the modified homescreen, this problem occurs.

Thanks, Foddy
Old 04-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #245
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Could anyone please explain the font sizes in he modified reader? Are they a percent of the font size?
@JSWolf: See Post #76 by jackie_w in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=164510&page=6

P.S. to Morkl: Good to have you back!

Last edited by pssquirrel; 04-16-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Advert
Old 04-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #246
quisvir
Addict
quisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle PW2
Glad to see you back, Morkl! We were almost starting to worry

Regarding the clock displaying while reading: I added this to my personal builds a while back. If you like, I can send you the changes I made, and perhaps save you some time. Though I have to warn you, I was messing around without really knowing what I was doing
Old 04-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #247
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
+1, glad to see you've resurfaced, we need you Very much looking forward to the new release. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Quote:
Has anyone experienced the Reader (or any other) app reverting to the stock one on reboot before?
This has never happened to me with your existing modded Reader app, but I'm not rooted, if that makes a difference.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #248
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by quisvir View Post
Seconded!

Quote:
Regarding the clock displaying while reading: I added this to my personal builds a while back. If you like, I can send you the changes I made, and perhaps save you some time. Though I have to warn you, I was messing around without really knowing what I was doing
quisvir - I still have no idea what I'm doing with Android apps, but I'm curious to have a look at what you've done (or perhaps more to the point where you've done the changes). Can I please grab a copy of your changes to look at?

Are you using the proceedure that Morkl posted (back in this thread??) to rebuild the reader? I should experiment one day - what possible damage can I cause?

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #249
quisvir
Addict
quisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle PW2
Sure Simon, expect a pm tomorrow
Old 04-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #250
HANZ
HANZ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post
Based on OFW 1.0.04.12210
So when you release your new version, will it work on an unrooted PRS-T1 based on the firmware 1.0.04.12210?

All I really want to do is change the recently added to recently read without having to root (had many complications doing that).

Thanks Morkl for all your hard work, it's much appreciated.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:32 AM   #251
Yoths
Enthusiast
Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
quisvir
Could you please send a copy to me too?
Thanks in advance!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #252
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quisvir View Post

I'd love to take a look at it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANZ View Post
So when you release your new version, will it work on an unrooted PRS-T1 based on the firmware 1.0.04.12210?

All I really want to do is change the recently added to recently read without having to root (had many complications doing that).

Thanks Morkl for all your hard work, it's much appreciated.
That is the idea.

I haven't made any changes to the homescreen though, as the stock version didn't change with the new firmware. What kind of complications did you have? I run the modified home screen on the current firmware, and my machine isn't rooted (I only have ADB activated).
Old 04-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #253
HANZ
HANZ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl
That is the idea.

I haven't made any changes to the homescreen though, as the stock version didn't change with the new firmware. What kind of complications did you have? I run the modified home screen on the current firmware, and my machine isn't rooted (I only have ADB activated).
Don't worry, your modified home screen worked perfectly with my previously rooted device. In regards to the complications I had I made a thread about it: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175357

As of now my device is now unrooted and I did the factory reset too. Hopefully the battery draining problem has disappeared, but I wouldn't know until tomorrow because I have to let the battery run for a bit. If it stays full then it worked!

Getting back on topic, so you're saying that with the current version of your modified home screen will work on my unrooted device? (Since you say you are running a unrooted machine)

Last edited by HANZ; 04-18-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #254
soseono
Connoisseur
soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1 (formerly PRS-500 & 505), iPad Air
The morkl.se server seems to be down (which is where the temporary update file is housed)

I was going to wait for the official update, but I encountered the endless-arrow-loop problem again last night, so I am REALLY eagerly waiting for the update...
Old 04-25-2012, 04:44 AM   #255
Morkl
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANZ View Post
Don't worry, your modified home screen worked perfectly with my previously rooted device. In regards to the complications I had I made a thread about it: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175357

As of now my device is now unrooted and I did the factory reset too. Hopefully the battery draining problem has disappeared, but I wouldn't know until tomorrow because I have to let the battery run for a bit. If it stays full then it worked!

Getting back on topic, so you're saying that with the current version of your modified home screen will work on my unrooted device? (Since you say you are running a unrooted machine)
That is, indeed, the way I'm running it

Quote:
Originally Posted by soseono View Post
The morkl.se server seems to be down (which is where the temporary update file is housed)

I was going to wait for the official update, but I encountered the endless-arrow-loop problem again last night, so I am REALLY eagerly waiting for the update...
It's back now (or as soon as the DNS changes trickle down to your ISP). Sorry about that.

I still haven't figured out the problem with the installer (has anyone else tried the temporary update file and had any luck?), but I'm fiddling with it whenever I have the time.
Closed Thread