Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #226
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Or use Sigil to edit the ePub and remove any font references.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #227
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony PRS-T1
is it possible to show the top bar while reading?
thanks.
Advert
Old 04-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #228
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3l7d0wN View Post
is it possible to show the top bar while reading?
thanks.
There is no top bar when reading.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #229
kh1369
kh1369 began at the beginning.

Hi!

I just got my PRS-T1 and read through pages and pages of posts and decided to go for rooting and this lovely home screen mod - I upgraded from a PRS-350 and loved PRS+, so I wanted that customization back.

I am running Sony's latest firmware, (1.04...etc) and while I saw some folks had issues, I figured I'd give it a shot, because problems seemed hit-and-miss.

Unfortunately (but not exactly unexpectedly,) I'm one of the people with issues. As previously mentioned, the home app loads, but when I try to go to Page 2, I get the force quit message. Have tried restarting and reset, but it keeps crashing.

The original Sony home app still works just fine, so my reader's not exactly broken, it's just that the home mod isn't working. I'm looking for a bit of advice:

-- Would completely removing the original Sony Home App help? (I'm not even sure if I can, and I'm hesitant to do that anyway, but thought I'd ask)

-- Would some process of uninstalling/unrooting/resetting/rerooting clear the problem? I don't imagine there is any way to roll back to 1.03 firmware that this mod plays nice with?

-- I installed the mod on Win7 64-bit, though I rooted with WinXP 32 - would that have anything to do with it? Should I just try reinstalling the home mod over top of the old one again? (do I do that through running the flash_reader.bat again?)

-- If nothing can be done to fix it, it's no good to me, so how do I completely remove it? I am familiar with unrooted Android, so I know I can go into Apps, but I see two "Home" apps installed and I can see no way to differentiate which one is which (they don't have the handy "ebook.home" and "ebook_mod.home" on the app page.)

Thanks so much for any help - all of you on the mobileread forums have been lifesavers with my Readers!

~ K
Old 04-07-2012, 05:24 AM   #230
Razva
Razva began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Hi,

I've installed the Modified Homescreen on my (non-rooted) PRS-T1. After reboot I've set it as the default screen (when pressing the home button).

After some time I've uninstalled it, and the device rebooted. After that reboot...the device wants to use your homescreen, which doesn't exists any more, and it gives a fatal error, which I can force close but it reapeats.

I've tried to reinstall the Modified Homescreen but I keep getting that force close.

What should I do now...? I can't do anything with my device any more...

Thanks!
Advert
Old 04-07-2012, 05:28 AM   #231
EcceGallo
EcceGallo will become famous soon enoughEcceGallo will become famous soon enoughEcceGallo will become famous soon enoughEcceGallo will become famous soon enoughEcceGallo will become famous soon enoughEcceGallo will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1 sony
Maybe you've already done that, but...have you tried restore the preference for application in android option menu?
Old 04-07-2012, 07:04 AM   #232
Razva
Razva began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcceGallo View Post
Maybe you've already done that, but...have you tried restore the preference for application in android option menu?
Well...I can't access anything... After the device boots I get the fatal error & force, which is in a continuous loop... I tap force close, it appears again, I can't do anything except taping force close...
Old 04-07-2012, 07:36 AM   #233
Anoik
Anoik began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can i use this modification if i use my ereader in spanish or it changes the interface to english?
Old 04-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #234
Rheingold
Rheingold began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razva View Post
Well...I can't access anything... After the device boots I get the fatal error & force, which is in a continuous loop... I tap force close, it appears again, I can't do anything except taping force close...
Hi
go to
http://translate.google.com/translat...hp%3Ft%3D21458

and then down to the part "Recovering from a failed firmware recovery, or Root-Service Restoration, or simply hung reader"
Follow these instructions and all will be ok after flashing! I have done it quite often without any problems. I have FW 1.0.04.12210 and my reader was rooted, but the recovering will also be done for a non rooted device.

Good luck!
Old 04-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #235
dmiller
Enthusiast
dmiller began at the beginning.

Thanks Jackie. "Convert - Look&Feel" did not help, but Calibre's "Tweak epub" option did. All it took was changing 'monospace' to 'serif'. Oddly, the epub I wanted to convert was a Calibre recipe to download items from Google Reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by 'disappearing' but if it's just that changing font has no effect, the most likely problem is that your particular epub's css file contains a specific named font-family (e.g. font-family:"Times New Roman") rather than the more generic font-family:serif or font-family:sans-serif. This is a common problem if the original source was an MSWord file.

To correct it you can either open up the epub and edit the css manually (using Calibre's Tweak epub option or Sigil), or do an epub-to-epub conversion with the Fonts box checked on the Convert - Look&Feel - Filter Style Info tab. Personally, I prefer the former but if you're not comfortable editing epubs then the latter should do the trick.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #236
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Morkl, are you going to be bringing out a modified reader app from the current T1 firmware?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #237
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Where is Morkl???
Old 04-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #238
Bartok
Bartok began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, PRS-T1
I've read through an am not certain, can these updates (Home Screen / Reader) be installed on non-rooted devices? Or would I need to root first?
Old 04-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #239
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartok View Post
I've read through an am not certain, can these updates (Home Screen / Reader) be installed on non-rooted devices? Or would I need to root first?
You don't need to root for either of them. The downloaded zip files contain a Windows .bat file which can be run with the T1 connected to your PC.

This is the contents of the readme.txt file inside the zip for the custom Reader app

Quote:
1 Connect device to PC, enter Data Transfer Mode
2 Put the "reader" folder on the internal storage of the device
3 Run flash_reader.bat in the installer folder
P.S Welcome to MobileRead
Old 04-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #240
bethany7
Enthusiast
bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Possibly a daft question but....
I have successfully changed several of the buttons on the home screen to what I wanted them to be, however, with the launch of the Store in the UK, I am wondering how to re-add the purchased content button. I can't see the name in the list at the end. I may, of course, be being silly. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.
Closed Thread